New Job Coordinator, Customer Reception And Tax Support In Prince Edward Island
|Coordinator, Customer Reception and Tax Support|
Coordinator, Customer Reception and Tax Support
Company : Government of Prince Edward Island
Salary : $25.77–$30.75 an hour
Location : Prince Edward Island
Coordinator, Customer Reception and Tax Support opportunity with The Government of Prince Edward Island!
- $25 - $30 an hour
- Flexible Working Hours
- Ample Free Downtown Parking
- Starts Now Until May 2024
- and much more!
The PEI Department of Finance and Treasury Board Secretariat aims to encourage the development of an innovative, diverse and inclusive workforce which enables the organization to realize its goals.
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and direction to customer service staff who provide client service. This position also assists the System and Operations Supervisor in various tax functions and reconciliation processes.
- Assisting the Tax Processing and Customer Service Supervisor with the daily operation of the Client Services Section and the collection of tax due under the Revenue Administration Act, Environment Tax Act, Property Tax Act, Gasoline Tax Act, Climate Leadership Act, Tobacco Tax Act, Financial Corporations Capital Tax Act, and Retail Sales Tax Act;
- Receiving all revenue from all provincial tax systems and from other departments;
- Providing customer service to the public, division staff, other Government Departments, financial institutions, accounting firms, real estate companies and law firms;
- Preparing the month-end processes in the Revenue/Environment Tax Systems and ensuring the integrity of the Systems is maintained;
- Assisting the Comptrollers office in reporting and problem solving within the Oracle Financials System;
- Accounting functions in relation to taxes received and depositing revenues in the bank;
- Providing back-up for the Tax Program and the Customer Reception and Tax Support Co-ordinators;
- Assisting the Auditor General’s Office in the auditing of the various tax processing policies and procedures;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Business, Accounting or Public Administration Diploma with related work experience;
- Demonstrated equivalencies will be considered;
- Must demonstrate good problem solving skills;
- Ability to handle cash is essential;
- A knowledge of the various tax functions, policies and procedures is required;
- Good communication skills, written or oral, are essentials;
- Must be able to interact effectively with a variety of individuals in sensitive situations;
- Good organization skills and flexibility are required;
- Applicants must have a good previous work and attendance record. The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment;
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
Please Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. The successful candidate will be the only individual receiving written notification of competition results. The "Notification of Successful Candidates" list posted on the Employment Opportunity board will serve to inform all other applicants of competition results.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $25.77-$30.75 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Accounting: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-30