New Job Coordinator Business Support In Ontario
|COORDINATOR BUSINESS SUPPORT|
COORDINATOR BUSINESS SUPPORT
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : $86,500–$108,459 a year
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 38142
Job Category: Administrative
Division & Section: Auditor General's Office, Auditor General Audit 2
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John Street, Toronto
Job Type & Duration: Full-time,Permanent
Salary: $86,500.00 -$108,459.00, PSG #TM2227 and Wage Grade 6
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 08-MAY-2023 to 23-MAY-2023
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts, and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Coordinator Business Support within our Auditor General’s Office.
Reporting to an Audit Director, the successful incumbent will support the Auditor General’s Office by overseeing and coordinating initiatives and projects.
The Coordinator Business Support will provide business support for the Auditor General’s Office related to strategy, financial management and policy compliance, issues management, Committee/Board and City Council reports and materials, communication, operations, and procurement (Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quotation (RFQ), and Request for Expression of Interest (RFEOI).
- Coordinates with staff and other divisions (e.g., Purchasing and Materials Management Division (PMMD), Legal Services, Insurance and Risk Management (IRM) to prepare competitive and non-competitive procurement sourcing documents and requests, such as RFP, RFQ, RFSQ, including entry in and use of SAP Ariba.
- Conducts research and analysis activities and other special projects for the Auditor General’s Office Executive Team with respect to financial management, policy compliance, operational, and Office initiatives.
- Reviews all requests requiring the Auditor General’s Office Executive Team's signature for accuracy and completeness of information, financial requirements, and authorities. Tracks and monitors documentation and information to help demonstrate and ensure compliance with City policies, requirements, and processes. Coordinates the annual external compliance audit of the Auditor General’s Office.
- Prepares and transmits Auditor General reports to the Clerk’s Office for Committees and City Council, as well as Boards of agencies and corporations. Monitors relevant agendas for reports of interest to Auditor General’s work. Maintains records regarding outstanding reports, planning documents, strategic reports, etc. Prepares and formats briefing notes, reports, and presentations for the Auditor General.
- Deals with confidential and sensitive information affecting organizations, staffing levels, assets, resources, and finances related to Auditor General’s Office processes, functional policies, programs, and strategies. Liaises with senior management and City staff in the coordination of responses and resolution of Auditor General’s Office issues. Participates in the resolution of issues that have escalated to the Auditor General’s Office Executive Team.
- Handles inquiries, issues and challenges from staff, members of Council, the public and media on behalf of the Director/Manager or directs to appropriate sources.
- Assists the Auditor General in coordinating responses to inquiries for elected officials, management, employees, members of the public and the media.
- Supports communication areas for the Office such as website updates, twitter posts, and coordination of meetings and meeting space.
- Participates in the preparation and monitoring of the Auditor General’s Office annual budget and quarterly / year-end variance analysis. Develops business cases as required.
- Monitors and processes transactions for purchasing, accounts payable, other financial transactions, and payroll/time reporting, including P-Card transactions and preparation of supporting documentation and records.
- Monitors variances and transactional financial requests requiring the Auditor General’s Office Executive Team authorization, resolves issues and makes recommendations for changes. Acts as a Section liaison for information and problem resolution.
- Oversees, coordinates, and participates in the development and implementation of Auditor General’s Office initiatives and assigned projects, ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance and continuous learning. Prepares reports as required.
- Acts as an Office point of contact and develops/coordinates the Auditor General’s Office responses to City Divisions, Agencies and Corporations requests for information or action. Makes recommendations to the Auditor General’s Office Executive Team to support change management strategies to improve the Auditor General’s Office's overall strategic and operating performance in the Division.
- Participates in the development and/or implementation of organizational change initiatives, including the preparation of required documentation and review of financing requirements.
- Undertakes initiatives to develop, maintain and implement processes and mechanisms to strengthen the Auditor General’s Office's internal control, oversight, and compliance. Makes recommendations to Auditor General’s Office Executive Team.
- Develops and implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Develops and maintains tracking mechanisms and systems to monitor policies, standards, and procedures. Ensures Auditor General’s Office Executive Team is informed of ongoing status, issues, and opportunities.
- Maintains a thorough and continuous knowledge of City and divisional policies, initiatives, and operational issues.
- Represents the Auditor General’s Office on key divisional, corporate, and external teams and initiatives and maintains effective working relationships with senior management, politicians, divisional and other City staff, and external organizations.
- Assists the Auditor General with preparation of documentation, coordination, and completion of tasks where required on Human Resources items including employee relations matters and performance evaluations, onboarding/off boarding of staff, occupational health and safety requirements/requests, record keeping for employee info, etc. Prepares and coordinates correspondence for signature where required.
- Coordinates and maintains records of professional memberships, certifications, and continuous professional development / education (CPE) for the Auditor General’s Office.
- Maintains inventory of hardware and software, licences, and other equipment and accessories. Coordinates space requirements, provision of equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Maintains Auditor General’s Office staff directory, Emergency Calling Tree and updates to Business Continuity / Disaster Recover Plan.
- Maintains Auditor General’s Office record retention policies and acts as an Office point of contact and develops/coordinates storage of paper and electronic records.
- Other operational duties, duties to support efficient and effective office operations, financial management, procurement, and policy compliance tasks, as required.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function (e.g. Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Procurement, Public Policy, Legal Administration, Communications, Project Management), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience with procurement, including preparation of source documents and requests, and processing of transactions. Experience using SAP Ariba system is an asset.
- Considerable experience preparing and editing documentation (e.g. proposals, briefing notes, written reports, presentation materials, Q&A's, contractual documentations (RFP/RFQ/RFEOI), correspondence and spreadsheets.
- Considerable experience assisting with financial management, including processing of transactions and retention of supporting documentation to ensure compliance with policy.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills, reliable, takes initiative, and the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills, including planning, implementation, evaluation, and post implementation support of projects.
- Considerable experience conducting research and analysis and developing business case recommendations.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to write and present complex information to a variety of audiences. Ability to update website and update posts on twitter account.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as the ability to make sound independent judgement calls, take initiative and know when to seek counsel and advice.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion and establish good working relationships with all stakeholders, the general public, employees up to and including senior management, as well as client departments, outside agencies, politicians, and other orders of government
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking, creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of communications techniques and practices for internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of municipal government operations and policies, approval processes, and political structure is an asset.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.