New Job Cook - 2565 In Ontario
|Cook - 2565|
Cook - 2565
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $22.38–$24.17 an hour
Location : Ontario
We are a private, non-profit organization committed to providing top quality accommodations and care to senior citizens. We offer a variety of living arrangements to fit the needs of our residents including, long term care, supportive housing apartments, and wellness suites. We also have a strong mandate to meet their social, physical, health and spiritual needs.
We pride ourselves on our ability to really live our Mission of Excellence, Love and Dignity, both with residents and staff. We provide a work environment where teamwork, staff involvement and personal development are essential for success. Our staff, leadership, and Board are progressive thinkers and supportive of each other. We offer competitive benefits, excellent challenges, and opportunities.
Our Mission: To provide with excellence, love, and dignity a full continuum of housing and services to senior citizens. We serve seniors who wish to live in a community of Christian faith.
Job Posting # 2565
Radiant Care Manor
Hourly Wage Range: $22.38 - $24.17
Posting Date: May 26, 2023
Please submit your application no later than Wednesday, June 2, 2023 at 12:00pm. Submissions after this deadline will not be accepted.
A thirty (30) hour per pay period, Part-Time Permanent Cook position is being offered in the Radiant Care Pleasant Manor Food Services department. The start date of this position is to be determined.
Line 2. Dietary Staff FTE: 0.4000
Qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to,
- Completion of the Public Health Units Food Safety Awareness program
- Culinary Management Diploma or Chef’s training
- Demonstrated knowledge of HACCP
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
This posting has been posted within Radiant Care Pleasant Manor and externally. Internal applicants will be given priority based on seniority. External candidate selection will be made based on interview. While we thank each applicant for applying, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out duties identified in the Cook job description. Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Reviews regular and therapeutic menus and sets up equipment and supplies for food preparation
- Prepares food and nourishments including evening meal following standardized recipes and production sheets
- Provides for prescribed diets, including variations in texture
- Ensures meals are served on time, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities
In the absence of the Nutrition Manager, decides on menu changes as necessary, directs Dietary Aides when necessary
- Monitors quality and quantity of food supplies ordered, proper operation of kitchen equipment and alerts Manager of problems. Recommends corrective action
- Directs Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities at meal times
- Maintains all required records such as menu changes, delivery receipts, temperature checks; cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Cleaning and maintaining of kitchen equipment and work areas in good working and sanitary state
- Supports the cleaning requirement and cleaning routines including washing of pots/pans, operating dish machine when needed and cleaning and sanitizing of work areas
- Assist in the home’s quality management/improvement program for Nutrition services
- Attends in-service education programs and staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision benefits available for full-time and part-time employee
- Employer RRSP contribution
- Training in Montessori Methods for Dementia Care (Staging environments & engaging residents in meaningful and purposeful activity to enhance quality of life)
- Affordable access to our Fitness & Wellness Centre
- Full-time, part-time and casual positions
- Excellent work environment
- Our staff, leadership, and Board teams are progressive and supportive
For more information about our home, please visit our website at: www.radiantcare.net
Radiant Care is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during any aspect of the selection process, please let Human Resources know by phone at (905) 934-2548. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.