New Job Control Systems Programmer Analyst In Manitoba
|Control Systems Programmer Analyst|
Control Systems Programmer Analyst
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the direction of the Water Treatment Systems Engineer, the Control Systems Programmer Analyst provides hands on operating, programming and maintenance functions with respect to Water Services Division process control/SCADA, security and access control computer systems used at the Drinking Water Treatment Plant, Regional Pumping Stations and Shoal Lake Intake.
As the Control Systems Programmer Analyst you will:
- Design, develop, implement, configure and support process control/SCADA systems for the Water Services Division.
- Support and enhance usability of hardware and software for a variety of Operator Interfaces.
- Integrate process control systems using various hardware and software solutions suitable for an industrial environment.
- Support, administrate and implement improvements/upgrades to Water Services Division security and access control system hardware and software systems.
- Resolve operational issues encountered in relation to process control and security/access control systems.
- Develop, update and enhance documentation for process control and security/access control systems including O&M manuals, life-cycle replacements, hardware and software configuration lists, and system architecture schematics.
- Develop detailed system specifications to meet operational and information objectives.
- Respond to requests for and develop ad hoc reports and automated reporting systems to compile and analyze computer-based information and data for operational, regulatory, and technical needs.
- Prepare and present training on the function and operation of process control, security/access control and related systems as required.
- Develop, coordinate and perform routine preventative maintenance checks and programs for all process control and security system hardware and software utilizing work management software to schedule and track maintenance tasks and resources.
- Maintain technological skills required to support SCADA/process control, security/access control and related systems. Investigate new and existing technologies and makes recommendations on hardware and software improvements/upgrades as required.
- Liaise with departmental personnel, other Civic Departments and external agencies.
- Prepare and maintain standard operating procedures, work planning documents and change records and follow standardized incident, problem resolution and change management processes.
- Oversee others in a team leader role for larger work assignments/projects and training situations.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and safe work practices.
- Perform related duties as assigned consistent with the classification.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a directly related field. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or Graduate of an Engineering Technologist/Technician program in a directly related field would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with various components of typical data acquisition and process control systems (SCADA, PLCs, DCS, microcontrollers, control loops, communications networks, intersystem communication, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), data historians, distributed systems and Statistical Process Control).
- Minimum of two years practical experience in systems creation that demonstrates broadness of knowledge with programming tools such as PERL, Visual Basic, VBA, SQL, C++, Delphi, Java, HTML, and XML.
- Experience with advanced systems programming concepts (real-time, processes, distributed processes, services, inter-process communication, multitasking, threading, clustering, interfaces and data storage).
- Experience in the development, setup, configuration and maintenance of process control systems using HMI platforms such as Wonderware System Platform/Industrial Application Server, Wonderware InTouch, OASyS DNA, RSView, iFIX, Factorylink, Cimplicity, or Citect.
- Experience administrating and maintaining security/access control systems hardware and software such as Genetec SecurityDesk, WatchNet and Morse KeyWatcher would be an asset.
- Experience in programming and developing applications for various operating system environments including MS Windows, Linux and virtual machines.
- Demonstrated knowledge with at least two years’ experience using relational databases such as MS SQL Server.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with installation, setup, configuration, and maintenance of computer and communications network hardware and related software including servers, workstations, thin clients, network switches, routers, storage arrays and security hardened network devices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with use, setup, configuration and support of software including Windows desktop and server operating systems (MS Windows XP/7/8/10, MS Server 2003/2008/2010), MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio), virtual machines (VMware, Hyper-V), and backup/disaster recovery (Veeam, Paragon).
- Demonstrated knowledge of topics including Client/Server concepts, processing hardware and general computing literacy (WAN/LAN, TCP/IP, security, distributed systems, CORBA, SOAP, SSL).
- Demonstrated ability to achieve task/project objectives and meet deadlines by working effectively in a team environment and/or independently with limited guidance and under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and an ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
- Knowledge of water treatment processes and the application of process control automation.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work utilizing work management software to schedule and track work tasks and resources.
- Strong problem-solving skills and mechanical aptitude is essential. Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and rectify issues encountered with process control, data and security/access control systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including presentations of technical material and preparation of technical reports, user manuals and training materials.
- Must be prepared to maintain a current knowledge and awareness of process control automation, Industrial IT technologies, cyber security technologies, security/access control and related systems.
- Experience in water/wastewater or heavy industrial environments is desirable.
- Must have, or be able to acquire in a reasonable period of time, a thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and the safety precautions and regulations that are applicable to the position's area of work.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence.