New Job Continuous Improvement Specialist In Saskatchewan
|Continuous Improvement Specialist|
Continuous Improvement Specialist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $6,408–$8,330 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Health is committed to a health system that puts patients first by providing better health, better care, better value, and better teams for Saskatchewan people. The Ministry is committed to excellence and innovation, to upholding a constructive workplace culture, and to serving the people of Saskatchewan.
The Strategy and Innovation Branch of the Ministry of Health has a great opportunity for a highly motivated, innovated and results-oriented individual to join our team as a Continuous Improvement Specialist, based in Regina. This is a great opportunity to guide and support the Ministry of Health’s adoption of continuous improvement best practices to improve patient experience, quality and safety of care, and efficiency.
In this exciting and dynamic role, you will have the opportunity to:
- lead, support, and guide the process to transform healthcare through the adoption of Continuous Improvement as a management system and quality improvement methodology, both within the Ministry and the health system;
- work collaboratively with Ministry and health system senior leaders and staff to provide timely and proactive support and advice to teams and staff on the consistent use of continuous improvement tools and the achievement of organizational strategic and operational priorities;
- lead complex projects that require collaboration with health system partners and stakeholders to achieve common goals and objectives;
- provide education, training, coaching and mentoring to support the development of the Ministry’s Continuous Improvement Plan and visual management system; and
- apply creativity, problem-solving, and conceptual and analytical skills to help meet program and client needs.
As our ideal candidate you will be a results-oriented individual with strong verbal and written communications skills. Preference will be given to a candidate who has demonstrated knowledge and experience of:
- The Saskatchewan Healthcare Management System;
- Continuous Improvement methodology, tools, and approaches (e.g. LILT);
- Facilitation and leading teams/groups through collaborative processes;
- Saskatchewan’s health system and its trends, opportunities, and stakeholders; and
- Saskatchewan government’s legislative, public policy-making, and decision-making processes.
You will also have the demonstrated ability to:
- facilitate various continuous improvement events;
- problem solve at a conceptual and strategic level;
- communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in both informal and formal settings;
- work independently and effectively collaborate as a team member with co-workers, agencies and others or lead projects to consistently meet Ministry program and client needs;
- proactively build and maintain internal networks as well and foster external relationships and partnerships in support of continuous improvement and to advance learning;
- apply sound project management principles in order to accomplish required tasks within established timeframes in an environment with diverse and conflicting workload pressures; and
- plan and organize multiple, complex tasks and projects taking into consideration conflicting and changing priorities to meet strict and/or changing deadlines; and,
- create and generate queries, reports, and documents using the internet, databases, word processors, spreadsheets and other software packages.