New Job Consultant, Human Resources In Ontario
|Consultant, Human Resources|
Consultant, Human Resources
Company : City of Ottawa
Salary : $75,550–$95,546 a year
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 7242
Finance and Corporate Services Department
Human Resources Services
HR Business Services Branch
Employment Type: 1 or more Full-time Temporary - up to December 2023
Work Hours: 35.00 /hours per week
Salary Information: $75,550.02 - $95,546.36 annually (2022 rates of pay)
City: Ottawa, ON
Job Category: Administrative and Support Services
Application Close: 19/05/2023
The HR Business Services Branch operates as an internal consulting practice, working closely with business leaders and managers to support business strategy and sustained performance. As the primary contact to the client group, each unit provides proactive, strategic and operational advice to managers and staff in the following areas: business people strategy and analytics, business workforce planning and implementation, organizational design and job evaluation, talent acquisition, performance management, workplace safety, organizational health, disability management, accommodations and WSIB.
You are responsible for providing expertise and guidance to an assigned department or departments across a variety of human resource areas, including talent management, human resource management and employment systems, and employee relations. You support the advancement and execution of the client department’s human resources strategic objectives and people priorities by providing individual case management advice and guidance to manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of 4 year university degree in human resources, business administration or a related field
Minimum of 3 years of related experience in a variety of HR functional areas with an emphasis on client and business solutions, preferably in a unionized environment
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENCES
- General knowledge of a range of HR programs and services, including talent management, performance management, attendance management, accommodation, labour relations, occupational health and safety, job evaluation, compensation, organization design, salary administration, training and development, human resource management and employment systems
- Applicable employment legislation, collective agreements, human resources standards and best practices, policies and procedures, as well as market and industry trends
- Computerized information systems used in human resources applications
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates the City’s core values of integrity, transparency, impartiality, respect and accountability at work
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy and discretion, and maintains strict confidentiality
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize, set schedules, meet deadlines, handle multiple projects/activities and competing demands, and deliver results in a changing work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact cooperatively, effectively and efficiently with staff
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve corporate, departmental and branch goals
- Business acumen and competence to develop credibility with all levels of management
- Ability to understand operational demands and conceptualize plans, gather and analyze data, compile information, and present in an impactful way to help clients make effective business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively and build rapport with others
- Performs effectively in a multi-disciplinary work environment by demonstrating professionalism, initiative and enthusiasm for each assignment
- Creative problem solving skills with a focus on continuous improvement and enhancing the client experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Proficiency at an intermediate/advanced level using a variety of computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP & Analytical Software), to produce documents, spreadsheets, reports and presentations
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Language Requirement: Various language requirements. English only, French only OR Bilingual competencies. Some positions require English oral, reading, and writing. Some positions require French oral, reading and writing.
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
- Successful applicants meeting the employer’s qualification standard will be placed on an eligibility list. This list will be used to staff current and ongoing requirements until December 2023.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from members of Indigenous, Black and other racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and non-binary persons, persons of all ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, classes, gender identities and expressions.
Candidates are encouraged to self-identify as a member of one or more designated employment equity groups in the self-identification questionnaire.
The City of Ottawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.