New Job Construction Inspector In Ontario
Company : T.Y. Lin International Canada Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
TYLin is a full-service, professional engineering firm focused on the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure solutions for public and private clients worldwide. The firm is an internationally recognized pioneer in solving the most difficult engineering challenges. Headquartered in San Francisco, California for over 65 years, TYLin has more than 3,200 professionals throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
Job SummaryOur Windsor office is seeking a Site Inspector to join our team. As a member of our Construction Management Group, you will be involved in Site Inspection of municipal infrastructure construction contracts on behalf of our clients in the Windsor and London areas. This position will report to the Construction Management – Toronto Team Lead and will require a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Site Inspection roles. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with documenting construction processes and preparing payment certificates. Many of the days will be spent on site monitoring the various projects or working remotely.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- As a Site Inspector, your role, will be to monitor and control progress of the work for municipal projects at an intermediate level.
- Assist project Contract Administrator(s) with various administrative duties as required.
- Detailed daily report and record keeping.
- Report on and provide assistance to the resolution of construction activities.
- Attend site meetings, take meeting notes, and assist in the preparation of site meeting minute reports.
- Monitor Contract quantities and assist in the preparation of Change Directives and Change Orders as needed.
- Coordinate and liaise between Clients, Contractors, and other agencies.
- Assist with responses to Contractor’s RFI’s and clarification requests.
- Evaluate contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved.
- Maintain regular communication with clients regarding project status, site issues and project quality and resolve issues as required.
- Collect as-constructed data.
- Follow all construction safety procedures and policies including the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Implement and monitor inspection procedures in accordance with professional, corporate and client guidelines.
- Ability to work extended hours as the project requires.
- Complete all tasks accurately and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- All other duties required.
- Working knowledge of local, and provincial building codes, construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards, and safety precautions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- Registered or eligible for registration with P.E.O or OACETT as a C.E.T., C. Tech or P.Eng.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in a Site Inspection role is required.
- Experience with inspecting municipal servicing projects.
- Experience in performing Contract Administrative duties is considered an asset.
- MTO Class ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing and access to a personal vehicle.
- Strong record keeping and problem-solving abilities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability.
- Knowledge of Canadian Contract Law including the Construction Lien Act.
- First Aid Training, Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, OTM Book 7 etc., would be beneficial, however TYLIN will provide training as required.
- Survey knowledge using total station and GPS technology.
- Strong MS office
- AutoCAD Civil 3D knowledge and experience considered an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a team of Site Inspectors, Contract Administrators, and Engineers in an open and sharing environment.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients’ toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
TYLin is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The company and its employees are required to comply with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements.
TYLin is proud to offer exciting career development opportunities coupled with a comprehensive total rewards package. Our benefits include extensive health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage, continuing education benefits, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program and a retirement savings plan with company matching contributions. We encourage all candidates to explore our total rewards offering.