New Job Communications & Marketing Consultant In Ontario
|COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING CONSULTANT|
COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING CONSULTANT
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : $45.08–$49.41 an hour
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 37123
Job Category: Communications & Marketing
Division & Section: Economic Development & Culture, EDC Program Support
Work Location: City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, 1 Temporary Vacancy (12 month)
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $45.08 - $49.41 per hour
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 17-MAY-2023 to 01-JUN-2023
- Provides digital communications and social media advice and consulting services to clients by assessing clients' needs, identifying target audiences, recommending, developing and implementing appropriate communications strategies, then evaluating the effectiveness of the communications.
- Participates in business objective/strategy meetings, determining/assessing digital communications and social media needs, and designing appropriate communications strategies and plans to meet, and align with, business objectives/goals.
- Develops and coordinates large-scale digital communications and social media project plans from conception to completion, ensuring budget and timelines are achieved. This includes managing cross-divisional representation, and external communications for projects.
- Oversees the production of communication and marketing project components provided by communications partners (for example, Design Services, external printers, Web Services, IT application and development, printing, news dissemination).
- Evaluates effectiveness of communications initiatives by conducting client surveys, analyzing target audience feedback surveys, and conducting "close-out" interviews with clients.
- Recommends, develops and maintains the integrity of communications standards, and shares information and best practices with divisional and corporate communications teams.
- Identifies opportunities for integration of projects and initiatives to achieve maximum effectiveness by examining all ongoing communication projects and initiatives.
- Collaborates with, and provides communication expertise and support to, other communications groups, as required.
- Develops, edits and approves communications products using a variety of digital media channels (I.e. search, display, video, social media, mobile, content, email, web, etc.).
- Provides editing and advice regarding products prepared by clients, and by other service providers.
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, public relations, public affairs, or journalism, or the approved equivalent combination of education and relevant experience in communications.
- Experience in conducting background research, writing, editing and developing digital and social media strategies for paid campaigns and always-on community engagement from ideation to execution, optimization and post-implementation reporting; activities include writing posts/content, editing, and providing input on, creative assets, community management and managing other digital communications.
- Extensive experience creating social media engagement and digital campaigns using social media and analytic tools, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Hootsuite (or similar platforms).
- Considerable experience using a variety of software packages, including Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office Suite, and Outlook, and the aptitude for learning new technology and systems.
You must also have:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and assess priorities as well as flexibility to pivot direction as needed.
- Good knowledge of municipal governance policies and issues, including economic development and culture.
- Hands-on team player, adding value, with the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities and provide instructional guidance to the team, and a flexible and willing 'can do' attitude.
- Highly independent with the ability to work within tight deadlines, adapt to change, prioritize competing issues and manage diverse projects.
- Self-starter, capable of identifying the need for, and taking, independent action.
- Client-focused attitude with excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and ability to build collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization and liaise with external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively carry out the various duties and responsibilities of this position, with minimum direction.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing effectively with political staff, diverse community stakeholders and senior management.
- Well-developed strategic planning, analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent researching, communication and presentation writing, reviewing and editing skills, with the ability to compose internal and external communications, including engaging user-centric social media copy.
- Ability to work evening and weekend shifts to support digital communications and marketing needs during Economic Development & Culture (EDC) public programs and events.
- Knowledge of applying the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act to digital communications.
- Strong data and analytical skills and ability to implement data-driven decision-making to optimize and improve future digital and social media marketing efforts and resources.
Toronto is home to more than 2.9 million people whose diversity and experiences make this great city Canada’s leading economic engine and one of the world’s most diverse and livable cities. As the fourth largest city in North America, Toronto is a global leader in technology, finance, film, music, culture, and innovation, and consistently places at the top of international rankings due to investments championed by its government, residents and businesses. For more information, visit jobs.toronto.ca or follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/CityTOjobs, on LinkedIn at Linkedin.com/company/city-of-toronto or on Facebook at Facebook.com/CityTOjobs.
How to Apply:
For more information on this and other opportunities with the City of Toronto, visit us online at https://jobs.toronto.ca/jobsatcity/ . To apply online, submit your resume, quoting Job ID #37123, by May 25, 2023.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.