New Job Communications Analyst In Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $76,874–$89,135 a year
Location : Yukon
This is for one full-time Term, anticipatory permanent position, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
Community Services is working to build vibrant, healthy and sustainable Yukon communities. The department does this through the provision of a diverse range of services to Yukon communities. We are committed to our core values. At Community Services we believe Respect is the foundation of our organization, Collaboration is achieved through inclusive approaches and sharing of diverse perspectives, Service Excellence is the standard for all our interactions, and Integrity is achieved through honest, committed and accountable public service.
This position is responsible for providing a full range of public relations, social marketing, and professional internal and external communications functions and services for the department’s divisions and branches, including Infrastructure Development, Protective Services, Land Development, Community Affairs, Sport and Recreation, Yukon Public Libraries, Human Resources, Health and Safety, and others as required.
The ideal candidate is someone who makes things happen through their positive attitude and commitment to teamwork. The position is responsible for both writing and leading the development of a range of products including speeches, news releases, strategies, publications, and social media and web content. The successful candidate will be asked to provide program related advice and analysis to support the Department of Community Services in a shared services environment.
For more information about this position, please contact Wayne Potoroka, A/Director, Communications at [email protected].
For more information about applying on a Community Services competition, contact Jen Moran, Human Resources Consultant at [email protected].
Please do not email resumes to either of these addresses; resumes may only be accepted through the e-recruitment system.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet each of the following qualifications. Please note, selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
Include the month and year you started and ended a job when you list your work experience. This allows us to accurately calculate the length of time you were in the position.
For more information on how to prepare and submit your resume visit this resource page on Yukon.ca.
- Completion of post-secondary education in communications, journalism, or other related discipline;
- Considerable experience in communications planning including developing and delivering communications, marketing and promotional strategies;
- Recent experience providing strategic communications advice;
- Recent experience in researching, writing and editing a broad range of communications products (e.g. news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, brochures, web and social media messaging etc.);
- Experience dealing with media and organizing media events;
- Experience producing social media and web content considered an asset.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Media relations, research techniques, communications methods, strategies and planning;
- Organizational, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage and produce high quality work within short deadlines and changing priorities;
- Strong influence skills paired with the ability to appropriately apply political acumen;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team based environment;
- Effective interpersonal skills and self-awareness; and
- Ability to take responsibility for actions.
Conditions of Employment: Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Job Requirements: Ability to travel to locations across Whitehorse and in several communities