New Job Co-Op, Risk Management In Nova Scotia
|Co-op, Risk Management|
Co-op, Risk Management
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Co-op Student, Enterprise Risk Management
Emera Inc. is hiring for the position of, Co-op, Corporate Risk for the Fall 2023 term (September- December) with our Enterprise Risk Management team.
This 15-week work term will enable you to gain an experience in the operations of the ERM, monitoring and reporting on trading operations, functions related to risk and credit reporting etc.
What you’ll do:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- The student will support the operations of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) group, including the Risk and Credit teams. ERM‘s responsibilities include monitoring and reporting on the activities of the Nova Scotia Power commercial group and Emera Energy trading operations.
- The student will assist in the functions related to risk and credit reporting which will include production and distribution of various reports to senior management. In addition, you will assist in the daily monitoring of the commercial and trading activities to ensure compliance with Board mandated policy limits on risk and tolerance and deal structure. The student will also assist the credit group in researching and analyzing the creditworthiness of companies. In addition, the student will be responsible for creating and/or working on memorandums and presentations for senior management.
- Responsibilities will include working with a database of market and credit information, so proficiency in MS Office Suite of software (Excel in particular) is a requirement. Visual Basic experience would be considered an asset but is not required.
- The student also assists with providing general overall support to the Enterprise Risk Management team.
Work term outcomes:
- By the end of the work-term, the co-op student should gain exposure to the creation and maintenance of the corporate Risk Dashboard, energy trading and transactions, as well as working in the Energy Trading Risk Management database. This includes assisting with User Acceptance Testing for new product enhancements.
Who you are:
- Excellent communications skills;
- Exceptional organization skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Possess Excel and Word skills;
Who we are:
Emera Inc., a North American Energy Leader, is one of Atlantic Canada’s largest publicly traded companies and is ranked one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and Top Employer for Young People.
Across Emera, we know our success is driven by our strong & dedicated teams. We support our teams by developing the skills and attributes they need to become our leaders of tomorrow. We do this in a number of ways including on the job training, work experiences and mentorship opportunities. We are proud to offer hands-on work experience to post-secondary students through student opportunities across our operating companies. By offering more than 125 student employment opportunities each year.
To learn more about us, please visit; www.emera.com
What we offer:
Facing the beautiful waterfront, you can find us located at 5151 Terminal Road in Downtown Halifax. We believe in caring for our employees and are proud to offer our students:
- Perks in the office; Free Coffee Machine, Specialty Teas, Sparkling Water Machine, Access to our onsite Gym, Rooftop Patio and Private Meeting rooms and Collaboration Spaces;
- Networking and Growth; Our Student “Buddy Program” and Social Committee offer students a way to connect with their peers with biweekly events like Keynote Speaker Series, (Virtual) Coffee Chats and Games;
- Comprehensive and Fun Onboarding Program including facilitated group orientation sessions for all students joining us each term, and a handy Student Handbook and Technology Guide.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you?
Then Apply Today! Here’s how:
- Apply no later than May 29th, 2023. Late applications will not receive consideration;
- Click on the blue ‘APPLY NOW’ button in this job posting;
- Kindly add your cover letter, resume and transcript to the online form in one single file;
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to: [email protected]
What we believe in:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Emera believes in always doing the right thing. This is reflected in our commitment to provide a fair and equal opportunity for all candidates when they compete for jobs. We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of the visible minority community, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through a series of questions in the online application process.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy:
When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We are committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
While our employees are not required to report their vaccination status at this time, we continue to recommend that employees get their COVID-19 vaccination and stay up to date with boosters to protect themselves, their families, coworkers, and the public. It is important to note that the Emera Corporate Vaccine Policy could be reinstated, in part or in full, at any time.