New Job Clk 15R - Business Administrator In British Columbia
|CLK 15R - Business Administrator|
CLK 15R - Business Administrator
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $57,297–$64,805 a year
Location : British Columbia
An excellent career building opportunity for a self-motivated, multifaceted contract and tenure administration specialist
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) is a unique program of the Ministry of Forests (MOF). Working collaboratively with regional and district operations, BCTS plans, develops, and auctions a substantial portion of the province’s annual available timber volume. BCTS operates as a for profit entity within a government organization. Its goal is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the Market Pricing System through auctions of timber harvested from British Columbia’s public land. BCTS operations are guided by three overarching principles, forest sector safety, reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples and sustainable forest management.
A career path in BC Timber Sales offers exceptional opportunities to develop new solutions to complex problems, and to learn and grow personally and professionally. Existing and future BCTS employees have the opportunity to impact public and private forests, communities, the economy and the lives of British Columbians in positive and unique ways.
To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website.
The Business Administrator provides specialized technical and administrative services for the Business Area (BA) in support of a competitive auction process for marketing crown timber. The Business Administrator prepares a wide variety of contracts and tenures, provides financial administration and maintains a variety of systems and services integral to meeting BA operational goals and objectives. At the grid 15 level, this position is expected to work independently within the responsibilities of the position with a clear understanding and comprehension of the legislation, policy and procedures in identifying risk and making recommendations.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why Work for the Ministry of Forests.
- Secondary school graduation.
- A minimum of four (4) years of related administrative experience including experience or training in keyboarding, database management, spreadsheets, word processing and other standard computer applications with strong demonstrated skills. A combination of related experience, education and/or training may be considered (i.e., business or public administration, finance, legal secretarial).
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in contract administration, policies, standards and procedures. Contract administration is defined as providing advice and guidance, preparing and administering contract records including reviewing documentation and transactions to ensure all requirements are met.
- A minimum of one (1) year of financial management experience. Financial management is defined as working with computer assisted accounting and reporting systems including accounts payable, receivables and the general ledger.
- Experience coding, processing, storing, tracking and retrieving records and information in an electronic environment.
- Experience assessing risk and making recommendations within a highly regulatory, legal or policy and procedure enforced environment.
- Experience computing a variety of mathematical calculations and using applications to enter and retrieve data, performing accounting functions and producing financial reports.
- Experience working in a high production environment, in meeting deadlines while providing quality services to clients.
- Experience identifying problems and developing options for resolution within policies and guidelines.
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected].
About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities. We currently have a temporary opportunity until November 1, 2024.
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact [email protected] or 778-405-3452.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) - You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.