New Job Client Service Representative In Saskatchewan
|Client Service Representative|
Client Service Representative
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $22.32–$27.98 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Social Services provides information and programming in areas such as income support, child and family services, affordable housing and supports for persons with disabilities. Key programs and services include financial assistance, daycare subsidies, adoption services, child protection, foster care, and housing programs.
The Client Service Centre within the Ministry of Social Services is responsible for delivering Income Assistance programs to meet people’s basic needs as they work to become self-sufficient to the best of their abilities.
The Client Service Centre is seeking several respectful, empathetic, and organized professionals to join our team as a Client Service Representative. This role provides the opportunity to do work that is deeply meaningful and impactful in the lives of individuals and families.
As a Client Service Representative, you will:
- Conduct phone interviews with a wide range of individuals to assess their current situations and eligibility for income assistance;
- Determine eligibility for programs and services offered by the Ministry of Social Services within established acts, programs, regulations and policies;
- Make appropriate referrals to support an individual’s unique situation;
- Respond to client inquires or complaints, calmly and professionally explaining assessment decisions, program information and benefit administration; and,
- Calculate and process documentation to establish benefit eligibility.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our successful candidate, you will have:
- Knowledge of social issues such as diversity, poverty, systemic and socio-economic issues and how they impact individuals and families;
- Knowledge, respect and understanding of multi-cultural beliefs, values, and perspectives; and,
- Experience utilizing various computer software, including Microsoft Office programs.
You will have the ability to:
- Respectfully and compassionately communicate with individuals who may be angry, confused, or rude;
- Use communication techniques effectively to provide service over the phone
- Accurately reference, interpret and apply acts, regulations, policies, and/or procedures;
- Plan and balance diverse and conflicting workload pressures;
- Maintain clear, concise, accurate and timely communication both verbally and in writing;
- Develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Work independently and as a contributing member of a team;
- Recognize symptoms of stress in self and others and take steps to minimize the impact and ensure good health and well-being;
- Use basic math principles; and,
- Use client information to determine available programs and services.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through:
- Education in programs related to social work or human justice; or,
- Human service experience.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation and Earned Days Off (EDO);
- Inclusive work environments; and,
- Advancement opportunities.
Please be sure that your covering letter and resume clearly identify how you have obtained the required knowledge and demonstrated skills and abilities. Only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted.