New Job Clerk’S Information Administrator In Ontario
|Clerk’s Information Administrator|
Clerk’s Information Administrator
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $61,090–$74,518 a year
Location : Ontario
Permanent Full Time CUPE 1329
Open to all current Town of Oakville employees and external applicants.
Applications for this position must be received at oakville.ca by no later than 11:59 pm on May 10, 2023.
A hybrid work schedule
A defined benefit pension plan (OMERS)
Comprehensive health plan complemented with life and disability insurance
A progressive work environment that promotes a work/life balance and strives to be a great place for great people to do great things
This position reports to the Manager, Records and Information Services.
- Assists and informs the general public, elected representatives, other governments and businesses, other Town departments, rate payer groups and local organizations, in person, by telephone, mail, fax, and e-mail in researching and resolving inquiries and service requirements relating to the Clerks department including Council resolutions, by-laws, committees, legislative requirements, elections, and Freedom of Information requests;
- Supplying accurate information regarding corporate records, lottery licensing, Council resolutions, by-laws, committees, elections, vital statistics, marriage licences, civil marriage services, death registrations, etc.;
- Processing and issuing marriage licences according to the Marriage Act;
- Performs Civil Marriage Ceremonies in accordance with the Marriage Act under delegated authority;
- Processing death registrations and issuing burial permits according to the Vital Statistics Act;
- Maintaining vital statistics registers;
- Liaises with the Office of the Registrar General;
- Verifies customer identification, receives payment for, and administers affidavits as a Commissioner for taking Affidavits under delegated authority;
- Provision of after-hours and holiday service for burial permits as required;
- Provision of after-hours Civil Marriage Services;
- Daily cash transactions using POS system; running daily and monthly reports;
- Producing Funeral Home billing;
- Providing administrative support to the department;
- Tracking, recording and distributing all incoming mail; Council Information and Planning Portal;
- As needed, the Clerk's Information Administrator may also provide back-up support to other positions in the department which may include: retrieving inactive records from storage and ordering supplies; processing requests for Liquor Licence Clearances and Special Occasion Permits; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a 2 year college diploma in Office Administration.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in a municipal setting and knowledge of relevant legislation, procedures and government structure.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to effectively deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience working with computers including MSOffice (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint) as well as Amanda and Point of Sale System.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and time management skills combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
DATED: May 3, 2023
This job profile reflects the general requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the job. This does not include all of the work requirements of the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate through their application and in the interview process that their qualifications match those specified. The minimum threshold score for the interview is 75%.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.