New Job Chief Financial Officer - Saskatoon, Sk In Saskatchewan
|Chief Financial Officer - Saskatoon, SK|
Chief Financial Officer - Saskatoon, SK
Company : FFUN Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Chief Financial Officer, Full-Time
Your time has come. Time to take all that financial knowledge and experience you’ve accumulated and apply it to the career advancement of a lifetime with the FFUN Group, a privately owned group of companies and one of the fastest-growing motor groups in Canada. We’re on the search for a Chief Financial Officer, but not just any, old CFO. We’re pretty proud of the team we’ve built, so we’re looking for someone with killer experience raising capital, executing M&A deals, while also being a fearless, inspiring leader of a mighty team.
When you think of a motor group, you probably make a list of a few brands in your head. At FFUN, we always think bigger. We’ve got VW, Hyundai, Genesis, Kia, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, RAM, Ford, Acura, and Mazda. Phew, let us catch our breath. And we’re not just automotive; we have an entire motorsports and recreation division too, which includes Harley-Davidson, BRP (Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, CanAm), Royal Enfield, BMW, Triumph, Ducati, boats, and an entire lineup of cargo trailers and RVs. (Big breath in). Plus, we go beyond just new vehicles; we have an entire used division, our own in-house financing and insurance (CreditMaxx), and a collision centre too. Over 30 locations in total and you’ll be at the helm of them all. Okay, we hope we’ve got your attention.
We’ll admit, we’re proud of all that growth and there’s so much more to come, but what we’re really really proud of, is our people and the good we do for the community with FFUN Spirit. So come join us and work alongside our ambitious and forward-thinking CEO and an amazing support team that’s not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
We’ve got the coolest products in the world, and this is truly an opportunity of a lifetime. All that is missing, is you.
What’s in it for you
- Industry leading pay with an aggressive bonus structure
- Excellent health, dental, and insurance benefits to keep you smiling
- Be at the forefront of the industry and part of our HUGE growth plan
- Giving back – at FFUN, we’re all about supporting our communities.
- 100% employer funded life insurance plan and matched pension plan
- Position resides in Saskatoon, SK but will assist in relocation expenses from anywhere in Canada
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Corporation's bank and other financial institutions, source and introduce new lenders, and lead capital raising activities.
- Short- and Long-Term cash management and working with lenders to ensure all the company’s cash needs are being met in an efficient manner and monitoring to ensure the company is in line with the debt covenants.
- Lead M&A negotiation and management of stakeholders (legal, financial, due diligence etc.)
- Lead and further develop the finance and accounting team members allowing for growth in the organization and to achieve exceptional performance.
- Provide business and financial leadership in the organization and be an active participant and the biggest key contributor to the executive team along with the CEO.
- Lead all legal activities balancing risk and cost of internally reviewing and involving external legal counsel.
- Lead budget planning process in conjunction with the Executive Team. Develop the financial models, analyze trends, and work with each department leader.
- Develop, analyze, and implement financial business plans.
- Lead IT function, balancing the provision of excellent client service across the organization, risk, and cost of the operation.
- Oversees the tax compliance and planning in conjunction with external advisors, ensures the company is planning and managing its tax position in a manner that minimizes any tax liabilities. Ensures the timely and accurate preparation and filing of all tax returns.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly financial information.
- Oversee all accounting functions, develop, and implement policies and procedures consistent with good corporate governance, internal audit, fraud prevention, and other required controls and certification. Ensure policies are consistent with supporting the organization's growth plans.
- Monitor market activity, analyze forecasts and industry trends.
- Continue to bring process improvements to drive efficiency within the finance team.
- Develops a strong understanding of FFUN’s business by brand and by channel, its profit drivers, and cost structure to enable the CFO to act as a consultative leader in improving the business.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends.
We keep things simple, so your first year success will look something like this:
- Lead and energize the Company’s finance function. Build trust and rapport with key internal and external stakeholders – establish presence as a reliable, trusted, and valued member of the executive leadership team.
- Lead and support the growth of the organization. Pick up involvement in M&A activities as well as capital raising.
- Position the financial function internally as a value-added partner to each department and the organization.
- Develop and mentor a strong and capable team that can deliver improved levels of reporting effectiveness. Create a succession plan and develop team members to grow professionally.
A great attitude will get you 90% there, for the rest, we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, commerce or a related field is required.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is preferred. CFA designation is an asset.
- At least 10 years of experience in accounting or finance, preferably within a sizeable, family-owned and run business.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a management role.
- Experience raising capital and managing cash in a capital-intensive business.
- Experience growing a business over $1B is an asset, experience scaling a start-up business is nice to have; strong preference for experience in both.
- Experience developing organizational KPI’s and reporting in support of tactical and strategic decision making.
- Experience in reporting to Boards of Directors and Audit Committees and assembling finalized monthly reporting packages including KPIs.
- The ability to develop and drive the success of high-performing finance teams.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE) and/or US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Previous experience in public accounting also is highly valued.
- Experience working with auditors, legal advisors and other professional service providers to support the Company.
- Experience managing multiple legal entities, operating in both Canada and the US is ideal.
What it’s really like to work here
The FFUN Group is Canada’s fastest-growing motor and recreational group retailer with over 30 locations throughout Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Ontario. We bring FFUN to life and are fueled by amazing people, representing all of your favourite brands of automotive and recreational vehicles. At FFUN we recognize that life is short and that it goes by in the blink of an eye. We can help people make the most of their lives by having fun, at any age. We offer great career opportunities, excellent pay programs, terrific benefits, corporate support, training, and an amazing culture defined by our core values: Driven to Grow, Team Player, FFUN Attitude and Down to Earth. To learn more about working for FFUN Group, visit ffun.com/careers.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we’d love to meet you! At FFUN Group, we don't make our applicants jump through hoops! Our application process is EASY and only takes 2-Clicks! Apply today and see for yourself.