New Job Chief Financial Officer In Nova Scotia
|Chief Financial Officer|
Chief Financial Officer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Chief Financial Officer - Scotia Investments Limited
Incorporated in 1945, Scotia Investments Limited (SIL) is a Nova Scotia-based, family-owned private holding company that is diversely invested in the manufacturing, energy and innovative health and environmental sectors. SIL's portfolio includes BioMedica Diagnostics Inc., CKF Inc., Crown Fiber Tube Inc., Maritime Paper Products Limited Partnership, Minas Energy, Scotia Recycling and Timberland Holdings and has approximately 1,500 employees, operating in six provinces and the USA.
We are pleased to partner with SIL in the search for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join their team at the corporate headquarters in Bedford, NS.
As a member of the executive team and the right hand of the Chief Executive Officer, you will have oversight of SIL's corporate financial operations and investment portfolio. This is a vital role in supporting the business as they work together to execute the organization's growth strategy. As the subject matter expert, you will provide guidance and mentorship to the financial functions across the family of companies and collaborate to modernize processes and increase consolidation of information. Here you will have the opportunity to lead a team of 6 finance professionals to build a high-functioning and positive corporate center of excellence in finance from which all of the companies can benefit. This is an opportunity to bring your experience collecting and using business intelligence to inform our next phase of growth while leading future M&As.
As the ideal candidate you:
- Are a seasoned financial leader with a reputation for using business intelligence to foster organizational growth;
- Have a successful track record of 15+ years in fast-growing and entrepreneurial organizations;
- Have a post-secondary degree and a CPA designation;
- Have significant experience in capital allocation and cash flow management, building strategic partnerships, and leading M&As and joint ventures;
- Bring energy and excitement for building highly sustainable (environmentally and financially) businesses;
- Are excited to lean into the details of operations at the corporate and operating company levels to find ways to support the team in modernizing and improving processes;
- Have fantastic interpersonal skills and are known to devote significant time to your team;
- Bring experience in a manufacturing environment (considered an asset).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at https://www.kbrs.ca/Career/17160. For more information, contact Kevin Stoddart at [email protected] or Camilla Quaglia at [email protected]
The principles of equal opportunity employment will be upheld throughout this process. KBRS will also provide support in the recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation in order to participate as a candidate in the recruitment process, please contact [email protected] or communicate your needs to the recruitment professionals named within this advertisement.