New Job Cfo (Cpg) In British Columbia
Company : Elevation Capital
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Elevation Capital is a group of internationally impactful companies spanning consumer packaged goods, hospitality, technology, real estate, non-profit, and venture funding. Run by a highly entrepreneurial self-made founder, and a team of highly capable executives across business units, the business operates globally with interests in US, Canada, Europe, and the Caribbean. With wholly owned companies in a range of growth stages and an ever-expanding investment portfolio, this group jointly serves a global vision to create an evolved world where humanity serves our highest purpose. Our mission is to create and deploy capital for a better world.
To learn more, please visit: elevationcapital.vc
THE PORTFOLIO COMPANY
This key leadership role is in a high-growth, high-energy, high-profit portfolio company of big thinkers and big doers. It is a consumer-packaged goods and beverage company with a history of strong profitable growth as the number one product and brand in it's emerging category. Through its expanding network of sales and distribution, they are building a team to take current and new products to the global market and achieve exponential growth. With most of the leadership team formed, the opportunity is upon them to 10X-100x the category and bring the innovation mainstream and achieve a highly lucrative exit.
As the Chief Financial Officer you will report to, and be a key strategic partner to the Chief Executive Officer, and the executive team. The primary function in your role will be to align all functions of the organization into a structured and controlled operational growth plan and maintain a budget that balances continuing extremely high profitability with growth. The role is a challenging balance of strategic development and execution of growth strategy, while maintaining controlled tactical execution in an environment of significant and rapid change.
You will provide leadership to all elements of the organization and be involved in all strategic decision making in areas like strategic planning, operational management, new product development, talent acquisition and management, information technology, marketing, and sales/market development. You will work closely with sales and marketing to build a US convenience channel growth strategy that includes optimization of the distribution footprint, route to marketing and new customer acquisition models; previous experience with this is a must.
Your leadership of the finance function will be hands on continuing to develop the team to meet the operating and reporting requirements of the company. You will manage a motivated team and lead planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company and building systems that are scalable. You will be involved with or own items like insurance, IT systems, ERP, legal, deal analysis and negotiations, human resources, investor relations, partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
WHO YOU ARE
Visionary - You see the future and you create it. In your relationships with the executive and team as a whole you serve as a beacon for opportunity and assist in keeping everyone focused on the right activities and strategies that drive profitable and rewarding growth.
Leader - You have a knack, and track record, for pulling people together to achieve amazing things. You have talent that follows you, you have strong recruiting and team building skills, and are great at organizing groups, strategies, and new programs. People are motivated by your direction and you play well in adjusting roles expectations in a leadership team and reporting to an entrepreneurial leader.
Organized - You are highly organized and build systems wherever you. You see business as a series of processes and systems and quickly build structures that support and ensure the right activities occur as they should. With your teams you easily organize complex projects under pressure and can communicate updates and progress in clear and concise fashion.
Intelligent - You bring a special blend of a knack for numbers and financial strategy but also have a track record of being able to collaborate with others to solve complex opportunities. You communicate your insights, and engage others to unlock massive value.
Relentless - Over your career you have fought many battles. You realize it's not always the quality of the strategy but sometimes a special kind of relentlessness that makes it work. You remain hopeful and positive in the face of adversity, execute fast, have a strong work ethic, reset with resilience and pivot quickly and easily where needed.
- Provide strategic leadership in financial planning and management, ensuring the development of quarterly, annual, and long-term financial plans, budgets and forecasts
- Partnering with Sales/Marketing to optimize ROI and consumer strategies for revenue growth, profit and business value growth
- Lead a review of financial operations, to ensure timely and accurate reporting and forecasting ensuring the right KPIs are in place to support decision making
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications and risk of business activities and make recommendations for mitigation
- Model all revenue driving initiatives to manage top and bottom line to ensure they meet ROI hurdles.
- Participate in the leadership of strategic planning, providing recommendations to strategically enhance the financial performance and business opportunities for the organization
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to form repeatable, profitable, market development plans that position well for strategic exit.
- Analyze cost, pricing, variable contributions, production results, and the company's actual performance compared to plan and recommend strategies to keep the business on plan
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with external partners, suppliers, bank, lenders and vendors
- Act as the lead for any mergers and acquisitions and provide advice and guidance to the management team on financial and legal considerations
- In conjunction with Legal Counsel manage all legal issues
- Facilitate and lead annual financial statement audits, serving as liaison between external auditors and the CEO/Shareholders
- Provide leadership in formulating the direction, goals, objectives and development of the Finance team
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Communicate one on one with different levels of employees
- MBA or similar degree in accounting or finance; CPA/CA designation required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as head of finance (VP Finance/CFO) in a growing organization with multi business segments. Complex corporate structure experience is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years working with, and reporting directly to founders / entrepreneurs with a list of highly favorable references from entrepreneurial leaders
- CPG/Food/Beverage experience preferred
- Must thrive in fast paced, rapid change, hyper growth environments
- Experience leading strategic planning, developing multi year financial models and optimizing the organizational short, medium and long term plans
- Track record of working with sales and marketing to create, execute, optimize and rethink, profitable growth strategies
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a variety of both internal and external teams
- Successful leadership of ERP/MRP/CRM system implementations
- Experience developing and mentoring a team of professionals into a high-performance team
- Previous experience leading IT, HR, and/or Legal with a strong knowledge of the legal aspects of an organization including agreements, litigation, employment law, contract negotiation, corporate structure
- History of raising capital and attracting investment through partnerships to develop capital and exit strategies
- Preference will be show to candidates that have experience in:
- highly regulated categories including alcohol/cannabis/pharmaceutical/dietary
- raising capital, preparing companies and leading them through that process as well as exits
- US convenience channel
- leadership in Ecommerce Business
- US markets - financial and tax
- a high growth oriented organization, private equity company or owner experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive culture and effectively collaborate with all departments across the organization
In this role, you will lead the value creation of the company and category. You will be rewarded with a generous base salary, an aggressive, and real, profit share program and a significant stake in a relatively near term targeted lucrative exit. You will work hard but will be rewarded very well. Medical benefits will be provided and 3 weeks vacation.
We offer a competitive base salary with an additional lucrative profit share program. A generous options package will also be provided in this role so that you participate in short-, medium- and long-term liquidity events in our organization. Full medical benefits will be provided along with paid vacation and an additional week off between Christmas and New Year's.