New Job Cctv Operator In Saskatchewan
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $31.76–$32.57 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Utilities and Environment
Department: Water and Waste Operations
Term: 2 Permanent Full Time position(s) available.
Closing Date: 06/05/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 859
Under supervision of the Supervisor VI (Sewer Operations), this position is responsible for the inspection and condition coding of sanitary and storm sewer lines used in the annual planning of sewer preservation programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs CCTV inspections of underground infrastructure as part of the City’s annual condition rating program.
- Provides coding of all inspection observations to NASSCO PACP standards.
- Operates and maintains CCTV and auxiliary robotic equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Ensures high quality inspection results by determining the optimum method of conducting inspections, setting up and adjusting equipment prior to entry, controlling and monitoring the progress of the CCTV unit and preparing reports in a timely manner.
- Directs and performs set-up work required to conduct video inspections of proposed construction or maintenance activities.
- Ensures that video recordings and photographs accurately display the condition of the pipelines.
- Operates manual pushrod cameras for the inspection of underground utilities.
- Operates pumps and miscellaneous equipment as required.
- Maintains comprehensive digital and paper records of inspections.
- Supervises the activities of staff assigned to assist with inspection operations.
- Participates in on-going training, including operator certification training as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in sewer operations and maintenance
- Possession of NASSCO PACP Certification within three months of hire
- Possession of, Level 2 Wastewater Collection and ability to obtain Level 2 Water Distribution Operator Certification would be considered an asset issued by the Saskatchewan Operator Certification Board.
- Pass Level 3 Wastewater Collection Operator Certification Exams from Saskatchewan Operator Certification Board within 12 months of hire.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's License.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Must comply with all safety related requirements.
- Knowledge of the technical and engineering principles and practices related to the work assigned.
- Knowledge of engineering terminology and techniques related to the work assigned.
- Knowledge of the materials, equipment, etc., involved in the area of specialization.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing,
- Ability to make arithmetic and field calculations as required.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, contractors and civic employees.
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods and under all weather conditions as required by work assignments.
- Ability to perform confined entries complete with necessary fall protection equipment and air quality monitoring equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
- Skill in the care and use of office and field equipment including computers and on-line computer terminals.
Shift and weekend work may be required.
Weekly Hours: 40
Salary Range: $31.76 to $32.57 CAD per hour (2022 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].