New Job Cash Receipts Analyst (Hybrid) In Ontario
|Cash Receipts Analyst (Hybrid)|
Cash Receipts Analyst (Hybrid)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Verify and release of daily electronic transmission files to update employer accounts in system. Balance payment deposits to employer account updates and recording other deposits. Monitor, analyze and reconcile payments received from employers through the Acceptance of Payment on Account (APA) process. Deposit all miscellaneous cheques and prepare journal entries to record these deposits. Trace, Investigate, analyze and respond to all cash receipts payment inquiries.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Verify and release daily electronic transmissions from various sources to update employer accounts (ACES-CW Billing) system by:
- Verifying the source document reports with the data extract from Lockbox and e-payment files to ensure correct version of the file and the data accuracy. Follow up with service provider to resolve any discrepancies;
- Releasing the transmission files to update employer accounts.
- After employer account updates follow up on rejections and balance with source input documents.
- Verifying and uploading cheque image file for future reference.
- Investigating and correct misapplied payments and other errors identified by internal/external clients.
- Requesting fund transfer between bank accounts where necessary to maintain funds by the appropriate program, such as Schedule 1, Schedule 2 and Pension Plans.
- Updating all input, output balancing reports and investigate any discrepancies.
2. Balance payment deposits to employer accounts by:
- Categorizing bank deposits by payment source and balancing deposits applied to ACES-BC, Claim Overpayment and miscellaneous receipts with the input documents and various other records.
- Following up any missing deposits or deposit errors.
- Ensuring all deposits are recorded to employer accounts or other systems.
3. Monitor, analyze and reconcile the Acceptance of Payment on Account (Over the Counter payment at banks-APA) program and payments by:
- Recording the daily APA bank deposits on APA summary control Excel spreadsheet by deposit date;
- Recording the APA payments processed to employer accounts by service provider to the appropriate deposit date on the control spreadsheet;
- Monitoring outstanding deposits and following up with WSIB bank/Other Financial institutions to obtain the supporting document to process it to employer accounts;
- Analyzing and providing month end outstanding deposits information that are still not processed to employer accounts to support bank reconciliations;
4. Deposit all miscellaneous non-employer payment (such as Claim Overpayment, Employee Reimbursements, Pension Plans) and prepare journal entries to record these deposits by:
- Processing miscellaneous cheques through the bank cheque reader and imager equipment to submit on-line deposit;
- Balancing cheques to batch totals, to deposits and save image files;
- Extracting and balancing Debit/Credit card payments related to Claim Overpayment /Miscellaneous;
- Determining G/L account and responsibility codes to apply miscellaneous cheques or contact internal clients to obtain transaction information;
- Preparing G/L entries in PS-G/L system with supporting documentation to record cash receipts transactions that have not processed to employer accounts or other system;
5. Trace, Investigate, Analyze and respond to all cash receipts payment inquiries by;
- Determining the best method for tracing payment;
- Obtaining required information from various sources;
- Investigating and analyzing transaction flow from deposits to employer accounts;
- Resolving and taking corrective action;
- Communicating the course of action to Internal/External client and providing supporting documentation;
6. Other duties as assigned or required, such as;
- Preparing monthly entry to record receipts at bank that are not processed to employer account;
- Handling incoming/outgoing mail/courier;
- Identifying and escalating issues for resolution;
- Ensuring security and confidentially of cheques;
- Following up on any un-identified cheques
- Providing supporting documents to External Auditors/Internal controls on request
- University completion at undergraduate level with a specialty focus in accounting/finance or business administration.
- Total of two years experience. One year prior experience in accounting/treasury. One year experience on the job to reach full working level.
Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
We respect and value the diversity of our people. We strive to create an environment where employees can be themselves and where our differences are celebrated.
The WSIB is committed to being accessible and inclusive, and following barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know when we contact you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Disclosing conflicts of interest
As public servants, employees at the WSIB have a responsibility to act in an ethical way at all times to create a respectful workplace and maintain public trust. Job applicants are required to disclose any circumstance that could result in a real, potential or perceived conflict of interest. A conflict of interest is any situation where your private interests may impair or be perceived to impair the decisions you make in your official capacity. This may include: political activity, directorship, other outside employment and certain personal relationships (e.g. with current WSIB employees, customers and/or stakeholders). If you have any questions about conflict of interest obligations and/or how to make a disclosure, please contact the Talent Acquisition Centre at [email protected].
We collect personal information from your resume, application, cover letter and references under the authority of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997. The Talent Acquisition Centre and WSIB hiring parties will used this information to assess/validate your qualifications, determine if you meet the requirements of vacant positions and/or gather information relevant for recruitment purposes. If you have questions or concerns regarding the collection and use of your personal information, please contact the WSIB’s Privacy Office at [email protected]. The Privacy Office cannot provide information about the status of your application.
As a precondition of employment, the WSIB requires that prospective candidates undergo a criminal records name check any time before or after they are hired.
To apply for this position, please submit your application by the closing date.