New Job Business Improvement Strategist In Alberta
|Business Improvement Strategist|
Business Improvement Strategist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $42.09–$56.27 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
Operational Excellence enables Operational Services by providing service governance oversight, strategies for a healthy and safe workforce and risk management. Reporting to Leader, Departmental Planning and Governance, and as partner to Fleet and Inventory (F&I), you will:
- Prepare business unit and corporate reports related to performance progress and other initiatives (ie. Lines of Services, Accountability Reporting, etc.).
- Develop and/or adjust performance measures aligned to outcomes in objectives and plans.
- Lead the analysis and response to corporate initiatives or other improvement initiatives.
- Make recommendations to Fleet and Inventory Management Team on tactics to address emerging risks or challenges that impact business unit goals.
- While embedded in F&I operations, network across the Department and develop strong partnerships with service business units.
Other responsibilities include:
- Facilitate strategic conversations with business unit management teams to identify opportunities for the development and implementation of business strategies and initiatives.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the Departmental Reporting Framework.
- Elevate strategic discussions on risk, accountability, service Key Performance Indicators and other major business processes to inform decision-making and process design.
- Apply a systems lens to process improvement, partner engagement and system analysis to contribute to service reliability and resiliency.
- Work with cross-functional teams to respond to business needs, solve problems and develop options and alternatives.
- Coordinate business improvement initiatives and conduct multi-faceted business reviews and studies.
- Support and/or lead the execution of various projects within Fleet and Inventory and Operational Excellence.
- Gather and interpret data from various sources, identify opportunities and trends, and develop strategies to mitigate risks and realize efficiencies.
- Track industry and competitive trends, conduct scenario/opportunity analysis, and identify business risks and innovative strategic solutions.
- Support and/or lead the development, implementation and maturity of customer focus within and across service lines.
- Facilitate sessions and interface with management, operational staff and organizational partners on strategic initiatives.
A degree in Business, Finance, Planning, Public Administration, or a related field with at least 5 years of related experience and have the ability to work in an environment with a high degree of autonomy and accountability.
Experience in strategic business planning and performance measurement and the ability to see the “big picture” and make connections between concepts, people, issues and initiatives, are important.
Knowledge and understanding of Fleet and Inventory line of service would be considered an asset.
The incumbent must be able to build collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization, in a politically sensitive environment.
This role requires critical thinking, political acumen, strong organizational skills and the ability to work with time-sensitive deadlines.
Exceptional communication skills are important assets for success.
Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Operational Services
Position Type: Permanent
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Compensation: Pay Grade 11 $42.09 - 56.27 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: May 12, 2023
Job ID #: 307596