New Job Band 3 - Operations Manager In British Columbia
|BAND 3 - Operations Manager
BAND 3 - Operations Manager
Company : BC Public Service
Salary : $80,800–$114,400 a year
Location : British Columbia
Fort St John, BC V1J6M7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
An opportunity to apply your exceptional leadership, organizational and prioritization skills
The Peace Natural Resource District is responsible for the oversight and administration of Forest and Range resources on Crown Land within the geographic boundaries of the Dawson Creek and Fort St. John Timber Supply Areas, including Forest and Range tenuring and administration, stewardship and revenue functions, and administration of Forest Service Roads.
This position manages and oversees the business functions of the Ministry of Forests, Peace Natural District program and office, including supervision and oversight of the administrative program, management of business plans, budgets, contracts and financial controls and implementation of service agreements. The Operations Manager also oversees Ministry facilities, assets and equipment, office Occupational Health and Safety programs, and leads and coordinates program recruitment and hiring processes.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why Work for the Ministry of Forests.
- Degree or diploma in business administration, public administration or a field related to natural resource management and five (5) years of directly related experience;
- An equivalent combination of related education and a minimum seven (7) years directly related experience may also be considered.
Directly related experience includes a combination of the following:
- Experience in the supervision of multi-disciplinary operational or administrative staff.
- Experience in program administration including allocating resources, leading and coaching diverse teams and supervising staff.
- Experience developing, managing and delivering programs or services related to financial or administrative services, strategic business planning, and procurement.
- Experience in business planning, contract administration, budget management or risk.
- Experience leading or coordinating management of facilities, vehicles, assets and equipment.
- Valid B.C. driver’s license.
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience in leading, developing, coaching, and evaluating diverse teams.
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected].
About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to two (2) days at home per week as per the Telework Agreement.
This position has on-site requirements at the Dawson Creek office.
Position available in Dawson Creek BC or Fort St. John.
This position is excluded from union membership.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact [email protected] or 778-405-3452.
How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.
Cover Letter: YES - A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES - You will need to complete a basic questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.