New Job Attendant, Gym In Yukon
Company : City of Whitehorse
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: May 30, 2023 at 05:00 p.m. Yukon Standard Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Job Code: 313
Department: Recreation Services
The incumbent monitors gym users, provides support to the Wellness Centre and Wellness Studio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitors gym users and enforces established standards of conduct and decorum, responds to emergency first aid situations, responds to inquiries from public.
2. Maintain, inspect, clean equipment, ensuring all are kept in good working order, in accordance with established safety standards
3. Enter statistics and distribute information regarding various programs.
4. Perform Light custodial and maintenance duties, based on operational needs
5. Maintain a clean and orderly workspace in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
6. Follows, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
7. Other related duties.
Majority of the work is performed under public recreation setting environment with some exposure to noisy conditions and bodily fluids. Hours of work between 05:30 and 01:00, Sunday to Saturday. Regular evening and weekend work is required.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Completion of Grade 10
- RCMP Vulnerable Sector Check
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) (8 hours)
- Customer service experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, self-motivated
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
First Aid, general office equipment including computer skills to operate software programs related to intranets, spreadsheets, word processing, electronic mail, etc.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/our-government/employment/how-to-apply/. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected].
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.