New Job Associate (Senior Consultant) - Corporate Finance In Alberta
|Associate (Senior Consultant) - Corporate Finance|
Associate (Senior Consultant) - Corporate Finance
Company : KPMG
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
What you will do:
KPMG’s Deal Advisory Services group is seeking professionals at the Associate level to join our growing Edmonton practices. We offer independent investment banking, transaction services, valuation and other financial advisory, services to private and public companies. Through KPMG Corporate Finance Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of KPMG LLP and the OSC regulated limited market dealer through which KPMG LLP's investment banking services are provided in Canada, KPMG's corporate finance services include buy-side and sell-side financial advisory, financing services including raising debt and equity capital, valuation/pricing analysis and due diligence support. The successful candidate will participate in a wide range of Corporate Finance assignments involving local, national and international clients of the firm.
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction process.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting financial and valuation/pricing analyses (including the development of complex financial models), as well as qualitative assessments, of companies across various industries.
- Assist in identification and research of potential acquisition targets, purchasers and/or investors, as applicable.
- Help lead the preparation and distribution of confidential information memorandums and other key documents prepared as part of sell-side divestiture processes.
- Communicate directly with clients, other advisors, and counterparties.
- Assist with proactive business development and deal initiation activities.
- Provide analytical and market research information (i.e. public company pricing multiples, precedent transaction analysis, industry research, etc.).
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.What you bring to this role:
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strength in the following key areas:
- Successful completion of, or intention of completing the CA/CPA examination process, or similar qualifications (e.g. MBA, CFA, CBV).
- Interest in developing expertise related to valuation concepts and techniques. Enrollment in the CBV program will be expected (if not already complete).
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word and ability to learn to work with new applications.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, writing and verbal communication skills (including public speaking)
- High attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to apply new knowledge in the preparation of creative and bespoke client deliverables.
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented, committed, self-starter and ability to prioritize work/cope with changing priorities while working independently and with a team.
- Support for candidates to enroll in and complete professional designation programs (CPA, CBV etc.) including paid enrollment costs, paid study / exam days, ongoing coaching and third-party courses / materials for exam preparation.
- A total rewards approach to compensation, including the ability to earn performance based bonuses.
- Meaningful roles on a variety of M&A transactions involving mid-market companies, with support and coaching from senior Corporate Finance professionals that promote professional growth and development.
- Assignment of a Performance Manager on day one to help guide and grow your career as a Corporate Finance professional.
- Deal Advisory team events throughout the year to help sustain a strong team culture.
- Modern, recently renovated downtown office space in both Edmonton and Winnipeg.
- Comprehensive health benefits from day one.
- Wellness benefits including a lifestyle spending program and accreditation bonuses.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way:
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected].
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at cafmcdnhrsthotli[email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.