New Job Assistant, Trust Administration In Alberta
|Assistant, Trust Administration
Assistant, Trust Administration
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $3,770–$4,616 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 40930
Ministry: Seniors, Community and Social Services
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Regular/Temporary: 1 Temporary (until March 2024) and 1 Permanent
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: May 10, 2023
Classification: Administrative Support 5
Seniors, Community and Social Services provides supports for seniors, families and communities, and helps Albertans access disability services, financial supports, services for the homeless, and other social-based programs. This ministry supports Albertans through a person-centred, integrated service delivery model that recognizes the unique circumstances, experiences and strengths of individuals and families. The ministry also provides oversight for the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee.
Are you an administrative professional ready for the next step in your career? Are you looking for an opportunity where your work contributes to the lives of vulnerable Albertans?
The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (OPGT) Branch has an exciting opportunity in the Edmonton office for your consideration. Our Assistants, Trust Administration work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, consisting of Public Trustee representatives, supervisors, lawyers, tax officers, administrative staff and other professional stakeholders, to support the clients of the Public Trustee. The Assistant, Trust Administration provides support to the Public Trustee Representatives and Trust Administration Supervisors in the day-to-day administration and caseloads of estates and trusts in the areas that may include represented adults, deceased estates, and official guardian files.
As a confident self-starter who love processes you will be responsible for:
- Administrative support for the Public Trustee Representatives and Supervisors, Trust Administration which could include researching information, contacting clients, family members and other stakeholders for information, preparing correspondence and other documentation
- Financial administration - Reviewing and authorizing payments on behalf of clients within the role’s scope of authority and reconciliation of invoices
- Legal work - Preparing court applications and other legal documents
- Other administrative tasks - Completing benefit applications, creating family trees, dictation, creating and maintaining spreadsheets to collect data and monitor work flow
High school diploma combined with a minimum of 3 years' related experience. Proficiency with Microsoft word, excel and outlook is required.
Equivalencies will be considered on the basis of: One year of experience for one year of education or one year of education for one year of experience.
The following are requirements to be considered for the role:
1. Experience in providing administrative support for one of the following areas
- Legal or financial administration in an estates or trust office
- Social Services administration
- Office administration
2. A cover letter is required demonstrating how your experience relates to the the role. Please note, applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
3. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
This link will assist you with understanding competencies:
- Agility: Makes decisions and takes action even when there is not enough clarity to predict the consequences with certainty. Includes a back-up plan in case predictions are incorrect.
- Drive for Results: Factors in the complexity of issues, and strategically aligns decisions and plans based on values, outcomes and broader organizational needs.
- Build Collaborative Environments: Uses own enthusiasm and commitment to higher-level goals to motivate and guide others to achieve results.
- Systems Thinking: Considers how own work impacts the work of others and team success. Observes how the work of others impacts own work.
- Creative Problem Solving: Accesses resources, information and technology from other areas, and uses it to analyze issues, resolve problems and improve performance.
$1,884.99 to $2,307.87 bi-weekly ($49,189 - $60,235/year)
Hours of work: 36.25/week (Hours of work: 8:15 am – 4:30 pm (Monday – Friday)
Please outline how your experience as it relates to the qualifications in detail in your cover letter. In your resume, please include dates (including months and years) associated with all education and work experience. Also, please indicate whether your work experience is casual, part-time or full-time.
Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a Criminal Record Check and a Financial Risk Indicator Check.
Any costs associated with obtaining the required documents/checks as noted or interview travel expenses, will be the responsibility of the candidate. Out-of-province applicants can obtain the required documents/checks from the province they currently reside in.
Links and information on what the GoA has to offer to prospective employees.
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Pension plans:
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
- Apply for Jobs with the Alberta Public Service:
- Understanding the Alberta Public Service Hiring Process:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Baiju Jacob at [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check