New Job Assistant Deputy Minister - Management Board Secretariat In Yukon
|Assistant Deputy Minister - Management Board Secretariat|
Assistant Deputy Minister - Management Board Secretariat
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $145,981–$200,389 a year
Location : Yukon
This competition is open to all candidates who meet the above noted Admissibility. A hiring preference will apply for qualified candidates of Canadian Indigenous ancestry, with a priority for qualified Yukon First Nation candidates. This initiative is in support of Yukon government’s goal for a representative public service. For more information on the hiring preference visit www.yukon.ca/hiring-preference.
This posting is for a full-time, permanent position working 75 hours bi-weekly.
The Yukon government’s vision is an engaged and diverse public service that embraces innovation to deliver positive outcomes for Yukoners.
Committed to public service…
As the responsible stewards of public funds, the Department of Finance partners to ensure value for money in the delivery of programs and services for Yukoners. By working with all areas of government, the department provides the technical and strategic expertise required to support robust program design, management, and accountability.
The Management Board Secretariat (MBS) provides oversight and direction to departments across the Yukon government and plays a key role in maintaining the integrity and credibility of the government’s financial stewardship. The secretariat provides advice and support to Management Board regarding government resources and helps guide decisions around financial, human resource, capital planning and management, and other issues within the Board’s mandate.
Create and lead meaningful change…
The Assistant Deputy Minister of MBS provides leadership regarding the development and management of the Government of Yukon’s budget/fiscal plans and supports the accountability of business planning and financial estimates. This position provides senior level strategic financial, policy and operational planning advice to the Secretary to Management Board (Deputy Minister of Finance), Minister of Finance, and to all senior leadership within Yukon government departments and corporations.
The secretariat is currently seeking an individual with a unique combination of knowledge, experience and leadership competencies who can deliver on the key accountabilities identified for the role. As a member of the department’s senior management team, the ADM will:
- Facilitate sound, evidence-based fiscal and budgetary plans and related strategies that align with government goals and direction.
- Successfully integrate forecasts regarding the economy, revenues, and expenditure into all government planning.
- Create a client-focused culture, proactively build and maintain strategic, collaborative partnerships across the organization and with key stakeholder groups; and
- Establish a workplace culture that promotes diversity, learning and continuous improvement, ensuring all employees understand how their work contributes to achievement of departmental and government goals and objectives.
If you are a strong leader who is results-focused, interested in influencing change and contributing to improvement throughout all aspects of government operations, this opportunity is for you!
What leadership looks like…
The Yukon government’s Core Competencies Framework represents a government-wide commitment to leadership excellence at all levels of the organization. Candidates for this position will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrating Client Focus
- Thinking strategically
- Leading Change and Innovation
- Modelling interpersonal skills and personal responsibility
- Promoting Common Values and Ethics
- Important application requirements:
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet each of the following essential qualifications. Emphasize how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential and asset qualifications listed below. Note that selection for further consideration is based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
Include the month and year you started and ended a job when you list your work experience. This allows us to accurately calculate the length of time you were in the position. For more information on how to prepare and submit your resume visit this resource page on Yukon.ca.
- Post-secondary degree in finance, business administration, commerce, economics, or other related discipline.
- Significant executive leadership experience in a complex organization with similar budgetary responsibilities.
- Extensive experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders and officials.
- Experience navigating government operations and financial planning processes.
- Experience developing legislation and policy would be considered an asset.
- Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation in good standing would be considered an asset.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Your best work starts here…
More than ever, we seek work that gives us purpose, brings us meaning and makes us feel whole. We are looking for careers where we can help, and shape, where we can reflect and respond and make decisions that add value and impact. If you choose a career with the Yukon government’s public service, you’ll join a team of committed people who strive to find these qualities – that feeling of meaning and action – every day. Working at the Yukon government.
Learn more about what we offer our employees.
Discover why the Yukon government has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer in Canada since 2014.
Job requirements: This position works in a normal office environment. The incumbent must have the ability to work in a rapidly changing work environment, dealing with serious, time-sensitive, or emerging opportunities.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact:
Jessica Schultz (Deputy Minister, Finance) at [email protected] or 867-667-9017.
If you have questions about our recruitment process, please contact:
Candace Leigh (Manager, Human Resources) at [email protected] or 867-667-3581.