New Job Assistant Controller In Nova Scotia
Company : Eden Valley Poultry
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Eden Valley Poultry Inc. is seeking an Assistance Controller to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Controller you will play a key role on the team, maintaining best practices and supporting the growth of the Company.
As a processor of chicken and turkey for our Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island farmers, Eden Valley Poultry is unique in the industry. We strive to be an employer of choice by contributing to the well-being of the community, minimizing our impact on the environment, and remaining focused on exceptional food safety and quality standards.
Why work for Eden Valley Poultry'
You will work in partnership with an incredible team. They will share with you their knowledge and their support. As a team, we will achieve our goals and live our values of excellence, visibility, and passion.
We offer benefits for you including medical, dental, and a pension plan. You will also have instant access to a health care provider for you and your family. By joining our team, you will also receive a subsidy towards a wellness program of your choice and access to on-line learning. As we grow and develop, we want to give you the same opportunity by offering tuition reimbursements. You will also get staff discounts on Eden Valley products.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring that financial information is accurate and appropriate for use by stakeholders.
- Performing all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise.
- Managing the activities and people in the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and administration functions.
- Ensuring that month-end financial accounting duties and all resulting financial reporting are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performing budget to actual variance analysis.
- Establishing and monitoring internal control to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Completing year-end financial statements in preparation of the external audit.
- Actively participate in the external audit, responding to inquiries from the auditors.
- Providing advice and guidance on financial systems, record keeping, policies and reporting.
- Providing query support to cost center owners and cost center managers.
- Reporting to external organizations including Statistics Canada.
- Maintaining appropriate internal controls.
- Foster a motivating work environment.
- A commitment to our values of excellence, visibility, and passion.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- University degree in Business/Accounting with advanced degree or hold a professional accounting designation (CPA).
- Minimum 4 years’ working experience in accounting required.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Effective communication skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- High level of curiosity of how businesses and systems work.
Come join our Finance team, tell us about yourself and apply now! We offer competitive compensation and benefit package. Qualified applicants please apply via www.edenvalleypoultry.com or click on this link https://secure.jobtimize.com/fit/initial.jsp'PositionTypeID=116217. We look forward to meeting you!