New Job Agency Assistant In Manitoba
Company : Klinic Community Health
Salary : $18.82–$21.81 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 338138
Posting End Date: June 5, 2023
Site: Klinic Community Health
Work Location: Klinic Community Health
Department / Unit: Health Service
Posting Category: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Weekends
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Klinic Community Heath is a pro-choice community health centre that provides primary care, education and counselling services to our local community and throughout Manitoba. Driven by our vision of creating healthy and engaged communities, we promote health and quality of life for people of every age, background, ethnicity, gender identity and socio-economic circumstances. Rooted in social justice values, we believe that everyone deserves quality care, support and respect.
The Agency Assistant position supports Klinic by providing a warm and inviting environment for clients and community members that utilize our services. You will ensure that everyone who visits feels comfortable and safe. As the Agency Assistant you will greet, assist, and direct clients and you will assist with directing telephone calls on our busy switchboard, in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Completion of high school education or equivalent.
- Post secondary education in a healthcare program is preferred.
- Training in de-escalation techniques preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in a related health care setting is an asset.
- Reception or clerical/administrative experience an asset.
- Experience with electronic medical records is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills (30-50 words per minute).
- Ability to operate information technology equipment as required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent telephone skills (answering, transferring, and professional phone etiquette).
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous requests.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Knowledge of the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) and Routine Practices.
- Language skills other than English is an asset.
- Greets, assists and directs client and visitor arrivals or phone calls in a prompt and professional manner.
- Informs staff of client or visitor arrivals.
- Takes messages and directs to appropriate staff either verbally or electronically.
- Communicates effectively with all team members within the agency.
- Assists clients with accessibility needs to enter and exit the building, if required.
- Assists clients in completing registration forms for all agency programs.
- Verifies or creates client information accurately in the electronic medical records.
- Schedules appointments, as requested.
- Monitors and assists with the client flow to exam rooms and offices, as required.
- Maintains cleanliness of exam rooms, offices and equipment, as required.
- Assists providers with obtaining equipment and resource needs for appointments.
- Monitors public access of computer and telephone, limiting use as required.
- Maintains agency bulletin boards and ensures tidiness of public areas.
- Receives and sorts incoming mail.
- Maintains knowledge of Klinic’s emergency procedures.
- Uses internal paging system and responds to alarm system, as required.
- Assists in the electronic distribution and file management of client documents in the electronic medical record.
- Assists with electronic and written billing procedures following Manitoba Health standards, as required.
- Collects payment from clients for non-insured services, as required.
- Opens the public entrances to the building at opening times and ensures the building is locked at closing times.
- Supports medical assistants, as required.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new staff members and students.
- Participates in training courses and in-services offered elsewhere and by Klinic in order to maintain and improve quality of service
- Attends staff meetings as required
- Works in conjunction with all Klinic staff and external agencies as is necessary to ensure a collaborative approach to meeting health care needs
- Participates in programs planning, evaluation and quality monitoring including completing daily statistics
- Participates in formal self-evaluations by identifying strengths and limitations
- Seeks appropriate supervision/consultation of own actions
- Adheres to all agency policies, procedures, protocols and promotes best practice
- Performs other duties and functions related to their job description not exceeding above stated skills and capacities
Physical Demands/Work Conditions:
- Work environment consisting of an office building
- Work areas are not private and may be in the public areas of the building
- May be required to sit for long periods of time
- May be required to move items weighing up to 12 kg
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients and visitors
- May be required to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends
SALARY RANGE $18.818 - $21.814 per hour
Klinic is committed to working towards having a more equitable and diverse work force at all levels of our organization. We welcome and encourage persons who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve to apply, those who identify as Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour, 2SLBGTQQIA+, and/or those living with disabilities. Applicants are invited to self-declare in their cover letter.
Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process. Applicants are asked to please self-declare in their cover letter.
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.