New Job Advisor, Logistics In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $71,651–$89,563 a year
Location : Ontario
The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has one (1) exciting indeterminate within the Technology branch at the CATSA HQ.
This position represents an opportunity for career-driven individuals seeking a position within an organization that inspires growth and promotes excellence to make a difference and contribute to CATSA’s unique culture as it strives to excel in air transport security.
Why is CATSA a great fit for you?
CATSA is world leader in aviation security and screening with a mandate to protect the public. A Crown corporation, it features a mix of public service and private sector diverse backgrounds in which is reflective of the varied background of its employees. CATSA encourages innovation and creativity and offers a healthy and diverse workplace where employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves and feel energized and proud.
If you are a motivated professional seeking a position within a multifunctional and collaborative environment and you are looking for the next great adventure, CATSA is the place for you!
Summary of responsibilities:
The Advisor, Logistics is responsible for providing logistical oversight to support the delivery and relocation of screening equipment and associated equipment to airports across Canada and for the development and maintenance of procurement plans and strategies. The incumbent is also responsible for performing contract management functions, including procurement, invoice validation and resolution, budget tracking and reporting. The Advisor, Logistics performs all other duties and responsibilities related to the position as required.
What you need to succeed
To qualify for the position, you must have:
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a specialization in business, material/supply chain management or another specialty relevant to the duties of the position.
- A minimum of five years of experience in the areas of supply chain management, logistics, deployment, warehousing, and/or contract management.
- Experience managing concurrent equipment deliveries to multiple sites on an on-going basis.
- Experience overseeing and motivating Contractors and Airport stakeholders to insure timely support of project objectives.
- Experience providing input and analysis to support the budget forecasting process.
- Experience planning and delivering tasks and projects.
- Experience reconciling invoices for payment while ensuring accordance to contract terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and practices related to general procurement and deployment planning and coordination.
This position is best suited to individuals with the following skills and abilities:
- Client service orientated with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve corporate, departmental and branch goals.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize, set schedules, meet deadlines, handle multiple projects/activities and competing demands, and deliver results in a changing work environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to clearly articulate a point of view to various audiences, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to liaise effectively, and coordinate efforts and interests with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and engage with stakeholders in a tactful and cooperative manner.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities with close attention to details, accuracy, quality and completeness.
- Ability to analyze situations and propose solutions in time-sensitive situations.
Valuable skills include:
- Knowledge of the aviation industry.
- Knowledge of CATSA's mandate and priorities, as well as an awareness of relevant legislation impacting CATSA.
- Experience working in a technology environment.
- Knowledge of transportation principles and methods for moving equipment or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
Specific work requirements
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to travel as required
- Language profile: bilingual (CBCC)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
How to apply:
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please click on the following link to submit your application before May 23, 2023 by 11:59pm EST.
- Please note that candidates that meet all the position requirements, including the language profile, will be given first consideration however, we invite all interested candidates to submit their applications;
- While we appreciate all the candidates’ interest, only those being considered in the process will be contacted;
- CATSA will use this opportunity to establish a candidate pool that may be used to staff permanent or fixed-term positions with similar responsibilities and qualifications;
CATSA is dedicated to an inclusive selection process and work environment. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Human Resources representative when you are invited to meet with us regarding this employment opportunity.
Inclusion & Diversity
As an employer committed to a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates in designated groups - women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities - to apply and self-identify by answering the questions on the online application form.