New Job Advisor, Human Resources In Alberta
|Advisor, Human Resources|
Advisor, Human Resources
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 2002
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 35
Department/ Branch: Human Resources, Shared Services
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Salary Range: Competitive Salary
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date: June 4, 2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
Working as part of a team and reporting to the Manager, Shared Services, the Advisor, Human Resources is responsible for providing support to assigned departments and shared services partners. The Advisor, Human Resources will support positive work environments by providing expertise in interpreting collective agreements, policies, procedures and relevant legislation for managers and employees. Works to align critical human resources practices with the organization’s vision, mission and core values. Primary responsibilities include:
Departmental Advice: Works as the dedicated Advisor to assigned departments to be the primary point of contact for human resources inquires. Builds relationships with assigned departments and provides dedicated advice and support to supervisors and managers in the conduct of their employee management responsibilities. Works with departments to analyze and devise solutions to employee related issues such as succession planning, performance management, collective agreement administration and attendance management. Acts as a liaison between the department and other branches of Human Resources.
Human Resources Guidance: Creates and advises on administrative procedures and guidelines. Leads the department through investigations, discipline and grievance processes. Performs case law and legislative research as well as supporting the arbitration and collective bargaining processes. Monitors trends in employment practices and advises on appropriate proactive action.
Employee and Union Relations: Establishes and maintains effective and trusted working relationships with employees and union representatives. Supports the resolution of complaints and grievances by conducting thorough investigations, grievance hearings and preparing for arbitration and collective bargaining as required and assigned.
Recruitment: Leading the full cycle recruitment process for all positions as assigned.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, leaders, bargaining agents, and external contacts and interacts in a manner that builds trust, credibility and rapport.
- Ability to be solution and service focused.
- Negotiation, communication, interpersonal, investigation, mediation, facilitation, and analytical skills.
- High level of critical thinking and/or reasoning to identify underlying issues.
- High emotional intelligence capacity including the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and remain calm and neutral in conflict situations.
- Sound planning, prioritization, and delivery skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and experience with SAP.
Minimum of five (5) years progressive work experience preferably as an HR Generalist with a strong focus on labour relations is required.
- A CPHR Designation is preferred.
- Experience working in a public sector environment with both unionized and non-unionized employees is an asset.
Undergraduate Degree in Human Resources, Business/Commerce or a related discipline is required.
- A Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
- A valid Class Five (5) Operator's License is required as incumbent will be required to operate a personal or municipal vehicle for business use on a regular basis.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible and accountable for knowing and working in accordance with the Health and Safety Directive. As per Section 2 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the incumbent shall ensure, while in the employ of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the health and safety of employees, contractors, and the public.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current RMWB employees must apply through the internal Careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.