New Job Administrative Officer In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $57,401–$68,787 a year
Location : Manitoba
AO2 Administrative Officer 2
Department of Families
Regional Social Services, Community Service Delivery Division
Advertisement Number: 41093
Salary(s): AO2 $57,401.00 - $68,787.00 per year
Closing Date: May 18, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Regional Social Services, the Administrative Officer provides leadership, expertise and support in a wide range of management and supervisory activities associated with the management of finances and resources within Regional Social Services in the City of Winnipeg.
To be considered for this competition you must submit the Application Form in addition to your resume and cover letter.
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Valid driver's license and use of a personal vehicle
- Post-secondary education in business administration. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered at an underfill or commensurate classification and salary level
- Experience in office management, including managing office space, furniture, equipment, telecommunication requirements and computer systems
- Experience in financial management, budgets, cash flow, reporting and financial controls
- Experience in human resource management, with the ability to lead and supervise a team
- Effective interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills, with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Experience interpreting and applying acts, regulations and/or policies and procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to develop regional administrative and operating policies
- Knowledge of government accounting in SAP
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health regulations
This position is responsible management of regional policy development, human resources management, administrative and operational systems, workplace safety and health awareness, compliance to the General Manual of Administration and Financial Administration Manual, and other job functions. This position is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of administrative support staff in the various Regional Social Service offices throughout Winnipeg and works in collaboration with the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority in the daily operation of sites where co-location exists.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.