New Job Administrative Coordinator In Manitoba
Company : Winnipeg Arts Council
Salary : From $44,000 a year
Location : Manitoba
Organization: Winnipeg Arts Council
Position: Administrative Coordinator
Full-time: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Start: As soon as possible
The Winnipeg Arts Council seeks a responsible, helpful, energetic, organized, and effective individual to serve as the Administrative Coordinator. The Coordinator contributes to the general function of the office and the execution of programs. This includes assisting in event production and supporting a staff of four. The Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is supervised by the Operations Manager.
The Winnipeg Arts Council is a rewarding and friendly working environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, and an interest and basic knowledge of the arts in
Demonstration of accomplishment in this position will offer the opportunity for advancement within the organization.
A compensation package including benefits and RRSP contribution will be made available.
- Assists program delivery including support to the Operations Manager
- Office reception: front desk, directing calls, scheduling meetings
- Maintains and updates website content, including weekly e-billboard
- Coordinates events including the annual Mayors Luncheon for the Arts
- Collaborates in the creation of content and operates social media accounts
- Grant and public art data entry and records retrieval
- Prepares for meetings (providing technical assistance, setting up projector and audio, coordinating Zoom meetings, notetaking, and prepping refreshments)
- Maintains a clean and organized office environment
- Collects and maintains media contacts and materials, including photographic images
- Other duties as required
- Friendly demeanor and good client service skills
- Strong communication and English writing skills
- Sophisticated computer skills with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Filemaker Pro or other database programs is an asset (will train in
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management, ability to be on time and meet deadlines
- Willingness to problem solve, multi-task and acquire new skills as required
- Shows initiative and has the ability to take direction
- Consistent follow through on tasks and projects
- Attention to detail
- Some design and photography skills would be welcome. Will provide Training.
- Relevant studies and/or professional experience are considered an asset
The Winnipeg Arts Council Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation with charitable status, charged by the City of Winnipeg to distribute funding to arts organizations and artists, to manage the
City’s Public Art Policy, and to champion development of the arts for the people of
Winnipeg. As a city-building organization, the Winnipeg Arts Council focuses on the relationship between arts and culture and quality of life in the city, bolstering Winnipeg’s reputation nationally and internationally.
The Winnipeg Arts Council is located on Treaty 1 Territory and on the ancestral lands of the
Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota and Dene Peoples and in the National Homeland of the Red River Métis. The Winnipeg Arts Council acknowledges the importance of
Indigenous peoples within the arts in Winnipeg and aims to provide creative opportunities in public art projects, artistic opportunities for individual artists and arts organizations, and development opportunities in the area of arts management.
Employment Equity Statement
We believe that inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and therefore actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as First Nations, Métis, Inuit, Black, or racialized, persons from the 2SLGBTQ2+ community, and persons with disabilities.
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] or by mail or in person to:
103-110 Princess Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 1K7
We appreciate all submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $44,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3B 1K7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-10
Expected start date: 2023-05-10