New Job Accounting Supervisor In British Columbia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $49.50 an hour
Location : British Columbia
City of Courtenay
The City of Courtenay is situated on the east coast of central Vancouver Island, within the traditional lands of the K'ómoks First Nation. Accessible by land, sea or air, Courtenay is a culturally diverse community that offers supernatural beauty at its doorstep. The City (approximate population 28,000) is the urban and cultural hub of the larger community, the Comox Valley (approximate population 72,000).
The City is governed by a Mayor and six Councillors. The City Manager (CAO) is responsible to Council for managing all City operations. Seven departments report to the City Manager including Corporate Services, Development Services, Engineering Services, Financial Services, Public Works Services, Recreation, Culture & Community Services and the Fire Department.
The Financial Services Department is responsible for directing financial and purchasing systems, which support the activities of other departments and the provision of financial information to the public. The Department consists of the Finance-Treasury, Purchasing and Financial Planning Services.
Finance is responsible for all of the financial activities undertaken by the City including receipt of all payments, keeping of all funds and securities, expending and disbursing money as authorized, keeping accurate records and full accounts of the financial affairs of the City, and compiling and supplying financial information to internal and external sources.
Our organization's culture is demonstrated by our Corporate Mission and Core Values.
The Accounting Supervisor performs complex accounting work and technical tasks; supervises financial services employees; maintains computerized financial records; analyses data, interprets information and provides financial recommendations.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) designation
- CPA Member in good standing
- Criminal Record Check
- Considerable (5-7 years) accounting experience
- Some (1-2 years) supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of computerized spreadsheets, Microsoft Office and Web user tools
- Considerable knowledge of accounting, payroll, and auditing principles
- Considerable knowledge of a computerized integrated accounting system
- Considerable knowledge of legislation and regulations governing general accounting practices
- Some knowledge of accounting in a municipal or public sector environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management, analytical, problem solving, computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to oversee the work of others and provide mentorship and constructive feedback
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and cope effectively with deadlines
The current hourly wage rate is $49.50 based on a 35-hour work week. This is a full-time position; start date to be determined.
If you have the qualifications along with the passion to help Courtenay be the most livable City in British Columbia, then submit a resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Accounting Supervisor”. Submit your application online at www.courtenay.ca/jobs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those short listed will be contacted.
Posting Close Date: June 04, 2023
Notice Posted: May 15, 2023
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : 5 years or more