New Job Access And Privacy Analyst In Yukon
|Access and Privacy Analyst|
Access and Privacy Analyst
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $70,011–$81,101 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is for a term full-time position to March 28th, 2024, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
Yukon Government’s Department of Health and Social Services provides a range of services and supports for citizens to experience health and wellness throughout their lives. The scope of this work includes community and mental wellness, social supports, and planning for long-term healthy outcomes for the population.
The Access and Privacy Analyst supports the Department of Health and Social Services in meeting its statutory responsibilities under the Health Information Privacy and Management Act (HIPMA) and the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (ATIPPA).
This position will be responsible for providing advice, direction and recommendations regarding the application of relevant access to information provisions in response to requests for information, providing advice, direction and recommendations regarding privacy impact assessments, and supporting the Manager of Access and Information Management in responding to privacy breaches and privacy complaints regarding the department’s information management practices.
Bring your experience to us and enjoy flexible work and generous leave options to meet your needs, a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan, and career development opportunities. Yukon Government is listed as on one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for many reasons.
Your Yukon experience can be whatever you make it. Discover a wealth of outdoor pursuits, creative and arts communities, living history and a vibrant capital city that has all the amenities of a much larger urban centre. What’s your Yukon going to be?
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications listed below – specifically – how your work experiences and related duties align with these essential qualifications. Note that selection for further consideration will be based on the information you provide in your resume, including the use of YG’s “month/year – month/year” formatting standard.
- Experience interpreting privacy related legislation that may influence decisions related to release of information e.g. Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act; Health Information Privacy and Management Act; Child and Family Services Act; Vital Statistics Act;
- Experience providing expert advice to senior leadership regarding access and/or privacy in a healthcare or government setting;
- Experience investigating and resolving privacy complaints and privacy breaches; and
- Experience providing direction and advice to the public regarding access and/or privacy or legislative related matters.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Working knowledge of Yukon’s HIPMA and ATIPP Acts and regulations;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality;
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in reviewing complex and highly sensitive issues/information;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work independently; and
- Knowledge of Health and Social Services programs and services and record management systems is an asset.
For more information about this position, please contact Emily MacLeod, A/Manager, Access and Information Management at [email protected].
For more information about this posting, please contact Tiara Teresa, Human Resources Consultant at [email protected].
Please do not email resumes to the email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment.
For help on how to prepare your resume or apply on this competition, please visit Yukon Government’s website. If you have questions about creating your e-recruitment profile or need support, email [email protected] or phone 867-667-9453.
Condition of Employment: Possess and maintain a valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license, WHMIS 2015 (within one month of hire)
Job Requirements: Willingness to occasionally travel within Yukon