New Job 23 T006A -J.V. Clark School - 1.0 Fte - Permanent Science, Math High School Teacher In Yukon
|23 T006A -J.V. CLARK SCHOOL - 1.0 FTE - Permanent Science, Math High School Teacher|
23 T006A -J.V. CLARK SCHOOL - 1.0 FTE - Permanent Science, Math High School Teacher
Company : Toronto Catholic District School Board
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
J V Clark School is located in Mayo, Yukon. Mayo is home to the First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun (FNNND) where Northern Tutchone is spoken. JV Clark School is a K to 12 school and has a school population of 40 students.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Please clearly demonstrate on your cover letter and resume, how you meet the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor of Education or equivalent;
- Post-secondary study in mathematics and/or applied mathematics and science.
- Recent experience teaching mathematics at the secondary level is an asset;
- Experience teaching senior sciences is an asset;
- Experience organizing and delivering place-based programming in mathematics and science grounded in the British Columbia Curriculum through a variety of instructional interventions and adaptations that will help the individual student succeed;
- Experience in implementation of assessment for learning practices which give evidence of enacting standards- and criterion- based learning, student self-evaluation of learning, and differentiating content, processes, and products to meet student needs;
- Experience working in a First Nations setting and in teaching First Nations students is an asset;
- Understanding of and experience delivering differentiated learning pedagogies is an asset;
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SUITABILITY:
- Familiarity with Yukon Frist Nations
- Willingness to work with local knowledge holders to deliver locally relevant units;
- Understanding of the New BC Curriculum, in particular the Big Ideas and Core Competencies;
- Strong classroom management, planning, organizational and assessment skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills for working with students, parents, staff members, consultants and related agencies;
- Skilled in practical applications of behaviour management, classroom management, planning, and organizational skills;
- Ability to lead early learning activities, including stories, music and art, to help children grow linguistically, physically, socially and emotionally;
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate experiential learning and cultural practices into curriculum;
- Ability to develop play-based learning environment;
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the culture and aspirations of Yukon First Nation people and students and a culturally diverse population;
- A desire and commitment to work in a rural community and to participate in community life.
- To be a Teacher in Yukon, you must hold a Teacher Certification in another Canadian province/territory first;
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Relocation may be available.
- In communities outside Whitehorse, there may be affordable, shared, though sometimes modest, rental accommodation provided by Yukon Housing Corporation. If not available, candidates will need to find their own private accommodation. Private accommodation may be limited. For more information on rural communities in the Yukon, visit: http://yukoncommunities.yk.ca
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY, GO TO:
May 05, 2023
Closing Date & Time
May 18, 2023 11:30 PM YST/YDT
Teachers, Principals & Superintendents
Employment Start Date
August 17, 2023
- Cover Letter