New Job 09-7530 - Teacher: Physical Education In Nunavut
|09-7530 - Teacher: Physical Education|
09-7530 - Teacher: Physical Education
Company : Government of Nunavut
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nunavut
Reference #: 09-7530
School: Kugluktuk High School
Community: Kugluktuk, NU
Kitikmeot School Operations invites applications for the following position: Teacher with a physical education focus
The closing date for this competition is: June 4, 2023
Start Date: August 9, 2023
Please note: Start and end dates may be subject to change based on approved school calendars.
The status of this position is: INDETERMINATE
The position is 1.0 PY (full-time position).
The Nunavut Department of Education is committed to supporting staff development through well-designed professional learning opportunities. Nunavut schools are currently focused on improving literacy outcomes for all students and ensuring students’ learning experiences are culturally relevant and respectful.
Located in the picturesque hamlet of Kugluktuk, Kugluktuk High School serves the community of Kugluktuk. The school has a population of approximately 245 students in a 7-12 setting with a staff of 26. The school and community are steeped in a rich history of Inuit culture.
- Bachelor of Education degree
- Eligible for Nunavut Teaching Certificate
- Training and/or experience teaching Physical Education
- Experience and / or training with current assessment methods
- Evidence of differentiated instruction and inclusive practices
- Experience and / or training in classroom management practices and the development of positive learning environments (eg. Restitution, Tribes, Positive Effective Behavior Supports, etc.)
- Cross-cultural and/or northern teaching experience
- Evidence of training and / or experience in the area of Balanced Literacy at the elementary level
- Training and / or teaching experience in an English Language Learner (ELL) environment
- Evidence / experience building positive relationships with students, colleagues, parents, stakeholders
- Experience engaging students outside of the classroom
Please note: Subsidized housing is available but sharing may be required.
The salary for certified teachers ranges from $82,003 prorated/annum. to $128,579 prorated/annum.
The Northern Allowance for Kugluktuk is $22,042 prorated/annum.
The Department of Education, Kitikmeot School Operations is committed to:
- The promotion of the Inuit language of the community, and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit (Inuit Societal Values)
- Local control of Education
- Inclusive Education
Resiliency, adaptability and resourcefulness are assets to employment and northern life.
Applications must be emailed (Word Document or PDF file) to [email protected]
Note: Attachments over 10mb will not be accepted.
Ensure that the subject line of your email states the Reference #09-7530 . Attach a cover letter and resume with the names of 3 current references (including your most recent supervisor).
Applicants from outside Nunavut must provide a copy of a current public-school teaching certificate from a jurisdiction recognized by the Nunavut Department of Education or proof of enrollment in the final year of a Canadian Bachelor of Education program. Applications that do not include this documentation will not be considered.
Current Government of Nunavut employees must hold a valid Nunavut teaching certificate and must submit a current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) before appointment to the position can be finalized.
External applicants (not currently employed by the Government of Nunavut) must submit a current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) before appointment to the position can be finalized.
Note: CRC and VSC forms expire after 6 months, please ensure these are up to date.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, your interview questions will follow the behavior descriptive model as described in the attached link: Behavior Description Interviewing (gov.nu.ca)
The Government of Nunavut is committed to a more representative workforce to best serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Land Claims beneficiaries.
This job advertisement is only authorized for external posting on the Education Canada Website (educationcanada.com) and the Apply to Education Website (applytoeducation.com). If you are reading this on any other commercial job-posting site, it is not an authorized posting of Kitikmeot School Operations.