New Job Word/Data Processing Clerk Iii - Information File Processor In Alberta
|Word/Data Processing Clerk III - Information File Processor|
Word/Data Processing Clerk III - Information File Processor
Company : City of Edmonton
Salary : $26.92–$33.76 an hour
Location : Alberta
The Edmonton Police Service (EPS) requires one (1) efficient and motivated individuals to assist in the electronic organization of investigative files within the Professional Standards Branch (PSB). Responsibilities of these positions will include:
- Electronic records management and organization of investigative files, filing and storing completed documents on IAPro, and maintaining computer filing system to store, retrieve, and update files.
- Quality assurance of permanent PSB investigative records, including pre-disclosure stage to ensure the electronic record is complete.
- Concluding investigations on IAPro, drafting, and sending out concluding correspondence, reconciling the hard copy file to the electronic file as per the business rules.
- Ensuring staff are complying with procedures and training new staff.
- Document preparation for imaging, including retention of best quality originals, repairing torn documents, and assessing the imaging quality of documents.
- Assisting with the uploading and converting audio/video files when and if required.
- Using imaging software to capture documents in electronic format ensuring the quality and legibility of the image; the enhancement of poor-quality source documents and to ensure the accuracy of all related material.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of imaging equipment and ensuring equipment is serviced regularly and supplies are stocked.
- Solving complex problems regarding procedure, technology issues, and to keep up with constantly changing electronic file management.
- Preparing correspondence to complainants and/or their legal counsel and police members from rough draft or own composition and editing documents for correct grammar and structure as needed.
- Cross training other administrative functions.
- Other related duties as required.
- Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade including business subjects with an emphasis on word and information processing.
- Completion of an appropriate certificate/diploma program from an approved business school/college, supplemented by training in basic microcomputer applications or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years diversified word and information processing experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with records management.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a dynamic, team-oriented, and demanding work environment.
- Advanced knowledge is MS Office software, and Adobe Acrobat Professional Software.
- Proficiency with computer programs Niche, JOIN, CPIC and EPROS.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedure guidelines.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Experience with the Police Act and Police Service Regulation would be considered an asset.
- Experience using IAPro is an asset.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize a high volume of workload in a demanding fast paced environment.
- Mature individual with the ability to adapt to change and work in a multidisciplinary team setting both independently and working within a team
- Applicants may be tested.
- As part of your pre-hire screening, you will be required to complete an Enhanced Security Clearance. Should you accept employment with the Edmonton Police Service you acknowledge and agree to participate in future Enhanced Security Re-Clearances at scheduled intervals or in any other circumstances, exigent or otherwise, as required by Human Resources Division.
Hours of Work:
33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.
21M, Salary Grade: 012, $26.92 - $33.76 (Hourly), $1,817.60 - $2,279.10 (Bi-Weekly), $47,440.40 - $59,485.49 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
- Please include a current resume and covering letter with your online application.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: CS