New Job Water Plant Operator In Nova Scotia
|Water Plant Operator|
Water Plant Operator
Company : Town of Shelburne
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
The Town of Shelburne is seeking applications from qualified experienced individuals for the position of Water Plant Operator.
Duties of the position include:
- Water quality testing and laboratory work
- Mixing and administering chemicals
- Maintaining water treatment plant property, facilities and equipment
- Maintaining water reservoir and water meter reading
- Flushing water mains and hydrants as required
- Assisting in preparation of operating and capital budgets for the utility
- Completing reporting requirements for Utility
- Assisting Waste Water Plant Operator and Public Works Department
- Other duties as directed
The ideal candidate will have:
- Water Treatment Operator Level 3 Certification or willing to obtain
- Experience in operating a water treatment plant or similar system
- Mechanical ability and experience
- The ability to work independently with little supervision
- Valid NS Driver's license
Applicants are invited to submit their resume in person (168 Water Street, Shelburne), by mail (P.O. Box 670, Shelburne NS, B0T 1W0), email ([email protected]) or fax (902) 875-3932) to the attention of Sarah Mattatall, Manager of Administration & Human Resources.
For a more detailed job description or with other questions about the position, please contact the Town office at 902-875-2991 Ext 4.
Hours of work, benefits, and wages are pursuant to the current collective agreement. Only those applicants receiving an interview will be contacted. Internal applicants will be considered first based on qualifications.