New Job Visitor Service Attendant - Servus Sports Centre In Alberta
|Visitor Service Attendant - Servus Sports Centre|
Visitor Service Attendant - Servus Sports Centre
Company : City of Lloydminster
Salary : $20.80–$22.73 an hour
Location : Alberta
Visitor Service Attendant
(2 Position Available)
Term of Employment:
1 Position: Part-time, Term (Approximately six months)
1 Position: Part-time, Term (Approximately four months)
Article 13.05 c) Should an internal applicant be awarded the term position they shall revert to their former position at the expiration of the leave.
Rate of Pay:
Band 1: $20.80 - $22.73 per hour (Subject to CUPE 1015 Agreement)
Servus Sports Centre
The Visitor Service Attendant (VSA) meets, greets, and directs the facilities patrons and visitors, either in person, or by telephone.
- Provide specific recreational information to the general public, including answering questions about programs offered, suggesting appropriate programs for the individual’s needs, explaining rules, regulations, programs fees and schedule to first time users and providing directions as necessary in person or over the phone.
- Collects money, issues receipts and accounts for all money received.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to patrons.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Provide back-up for the Activity Leader when needed in Child Minding and Camps.
- Perform a variety of customer service functions, including performing initial greetings, answering and forwarding calls, checking facility users in and out, and issuing passes to various recreational services.
- Promote recreation facility and program usage through customer service acting as advocate for usage.
- Exercise initiative and independent thinking in promoting activities and suggesting appropriate services.
- Maintain positive interaction in stressful situations involving customers of all ages.
- Maintain cooperative working relationship with other department’s staff or internal customers as well as with tenants.
- Use computer programs available, design, publish and edit recreational facility notices, signs and posters material.
- Respond to questions and comments from the public in a timely and courteous manner.
- Communicate and coordinate with appropriate staff members and supervisor to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities; writes legibly and communicate effectively.
- Operate standard office equipment including copier, fax, filing systems, phones, cash register, and computer; performs duties on computer using spreadsheet and other programs.
- Communicate materials and supplies inventory and maintains organized front desk work environment.
- Sort and file documents and records
- Type, proofread and process a variety of documents including general correspondence.
- Shadow and train part time and seasonal staff.
- Act as a safety advocate in emergency situations and follow Emergency Response Plan.
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
- Use personal protective equipment and clothing as directed by the employer.
- Report workplace hazards and dangers to the supervisor or employer.
- Tell the supervisor or employer about any missing or defective equipment or protective device that may be dangerous.
- Other related duties as required.
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday 5:00 am – 1:00 pm, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, 4:45 - 10:30 pm or 5:00 – 9:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm or 3:00 – 9:00/9:30 pm with the occasional requirement to work on-call shifts depending on operational needs.
- Flexibility to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts is required.
- Previous experience in cash handling and customer service.
- Neat in appearance and in good physical condition.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively and tactfully deal with the public.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- The ability to lift 20kg (45lbs).
- Completion of a valid Standard First Aid–CPR C certificate is considered an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
- Applicants with international education will be required to include an Academic Credential Assessment with application.
April 26, 2023
Internal & External
The City of Lloydminster is an equal opportunity employer. If you have questions or require further information on this position, please contact us. All applications must be sent to the Employee Relations team and received by the closing date.
HR Generalist, Employee Relations
City of Lloydminster
Lloydminster AB/SK T9V 0W2
Internal Candidate Email: [email protected]
External Candidates Apply at: www.lloydminster.ca/jobs
Posting Date: April 19, 2023