New Job Transportation Asset Management Technologist In Yukon
|Transportation Asset Management Technologist
Transportation Asset Management Technologist
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $80,913–$93,848 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is to fill 1 term position. Temporary assignments may be considered.
Highways and Public Works – who we are
Employees at Highways and Public Works are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our collective vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners. At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe. Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout Yukon.
The Transportation Planning Branch applies a systematic approach to the planning and management of our assets. We streamline and improve systems to allow the Transportation Division to deliver programs more efficiently and effectively. We pride ourselves on our innovative and solution-focused culture and approach. The Transportation Asset Management Unit is a group of professionals tasked with understanding our transportation network’s assets and identifying what resources and activities are required in order to support the network and ensure it keeps the territory moving. Click this link to read more about our branch and the awesome initiatives we are involved in!
This position provides data analytics related to planning and implementation of the Transportation Division’s asset management system. The position supports the Senior Asset Management Analyst in measuring and quantifying organizational objectives to ensure they are being achieved.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review this information: Apply on a job | Government of Yukon
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering;
- Experience in collecting data from the field and knowledge of analysis methodologies.
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment as well as work independently;
- Extensive experience in transportation construction, maintenance or planning;
- Other Certification such as PMP/CAPM/CAMA/ISO55001;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate projects;
- Ability to establish strong and effective working relationships with senior management, and other stakeholders.
Conditions of Employment
Must possess and maintain a valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s licence.
Travel across Yukon and mandatory use of personal protective equipment.
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Ehsan Idrees, Senior Asset Management Analyst at [email protected]
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Gillian Smith, HR Consultant at [email protected]