New Job Total Wealth Planner In Ontario
|Total Wealth Planner|
Total Wealth Planner
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 174832
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Total Wealth Planning, Client Solutions / Canadian Wealth Management in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Total Wealth Planners (TWPs) are the “in-field” resource to create and deliver Total Wealth Plans for High Net Worth clients working directly with SWM advisors and their clients. TWPs work closely with advisors and local team of specialists to formulate and present strategic Total Wealth Plans and full comprehensive Total Wealth Plans.
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide In-depth, quality wealth planning advice for all life stages. Guidance through intergenerational wealth transfer process and consults related to Advisor-led Total Wealth Plans
- Conduct full total wealth planning process from discovery to plan presentation. Facilitate our value proposition of trusted advice and customized solutions. Typical client profiles are HNW clients with investable assets of at least $750,000 seeking custom tailored strategies including business owners and professionals interested to accumulate, preserve and pass on their wealth; executives with stock options, wealthy individuals with complex family dynamics such as blended families
- Increase breadth of client base (i.e. new clients), measured by plans completed to advisors not previously engaged
- Champion an integrated and organized approach to planning through collaboration with internal specialists (Taxation, Insurance, Estate & Trust, Philanthropy) Advocate for advisors to leverage the right planning resources for the right clients and help triage clients into the appropriate channel. Prepare and facilitate client and staff workshops and seminars on various current topics relating to financial planning as required.
- Build and manage relationships to drive collaboration to provide a seamless and cohesive client experience; work effectively with client’s other external professional advisors (i.e. CPAs, lawyers, and other professionals as required) to provide optimal service on complex planning matters.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Supports Advisors and Advisor Teams across Scotia Wealth Management; ScotiaMcLeod, Private Banking, Private Investment Counsel, Scotiatrust
- Financial Planning is a cornerstone of the offerings of Scotia Wealth Management
- This is a highly visible position that is expected to meet with high net worth clients and work closely with the Wealth Advisors / Primary Relationship Managers in advising and building/delivering personal financial plans
- The client profile is a minimum of "high net worth" with investible assets of at least $1 million and/or those with complex planning needs.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- University degree
- Accredited financial planning designation (CFP, RFP, PFP, Pl.Fin -IQPF applicable for Quebec)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a high net worth financial planner
- Life Insurance license
- Canadian Securities Course
- Estate and/or tax courses
- Comprehensive technical understanding and execution of the financial planning process including investments, asset protection, retirement, estate planning, cash management, and taxation issues
- Strong presentation skills particularly related to financial matters including the ability to present complex financial concepts in an easily understood manner
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to quickly build relationships and trust.
- Working knowledge of the Wealth Management business line including the value proposition, the products and services it provides to high net worth clients, and the
- Expert knowledge of financial planning software (Naviplan) in order to prepare financial plans
- Knowledge of insurance products and solutions manner in which they are delivered
Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Moderate-extensive travel domestically.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Kitchener || Canada : Ontario : London || Canada : Ontario : Waterloo || Canada : Ontario : Windsor
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.