New Job Technical Support Analyst In New Brunswick
|Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
A city that inspires
Working together to enhance the quality of life for all residents
Sustainability, Inclusivity, Innovation, Accountability, Excellence, Bilingualism
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST
Information Systems - Job # P1133
CLOSING DATE: NOON - MAY 8, 2023
The Technical Support Analyst is accountable for the configuration, installation and continuing support of end-user physical and virtual computers, peripheral equipment, printers/copiers and client applications software. As a primary contact for the Information Systems Help Desk the Technical Support Analyst 2 will provide first-tier knowledge and functional support to end-users and manage the escalation of support issues through to resolution. The Technical Support Analyst 2 works with IS management to plan and implement end-user service delivery and coordinate the deployment and recovery of end-user computing assets.
This position reports to the Team Lead, Technology and Infrastructure.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit www.moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This position is a unionized position. The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package in accordance to the City Hall Employees Association / PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement:
CHEA Collective Agreement
City of Moncton Salary and Wage Scale
- High School graduate or equivalency.
- University Degree in Computer Science (preferred) or a College Diploma in Information Technology. MCP, or MCSE certification would be an asset.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience supporting client operating systems.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience providing end-user technical and functional support.
- Experience supporting PCs, laptops, and personal wireless devices.
- Exposure and experience with virtualized environments would be an asset.
- Capable and experienced with remote assistance tools.
- The ability to function in English is required. The ability to function in French would be an asset but is not a requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have an understanding, through experience, of the Help Desk role in delivering Information Technology services. Knowledge of the ITSM service model would be an asset.
- Must have a solid understanding of IP networking.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of computer security concepts.
- Must have knowledge of time management concepts and methods.
- Must demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows desktop operating systems.
- Must have a working understanding of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and Microsoft Exchange.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills are required for this position.
- Must be able to communicate on an appropriate technical level with all levels within the Corporation.
- No supervisory responsibilities.