New Job Surveyor/Yard Coordinator In British Columbia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Join Livingston and grow your career in the constantly changing world of international trade. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, international trade consulting, compliance and freight forwarding services around the world. Livingston has over 3,000 employees at more than 90 key border crossings, sea ports, airports and other strategic locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment offers you the opportunity to work with leaders in the industry, receive recognition for achievements and develop your expertise in the complex and evolving world of trade. Learn how you can make an impact at Livingston.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: BC Delta - CN038
The Yard Coordinator/Surveyor is responsible for assisting drivers in locating and inspecting vehicles, reporting damages, pulling cars for dealers and private customers, and keeping inventory of all vehicles in the yard. This is an ourdoor job and the Surveyor/Yard Coordinator must be willing to work in all weather conditions. Duties also include assisting the office staff in answering telephones and serving walk-in customers with courtesy and a genuine desire to assist them.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect vehicles for transport damage either from rail or truck
- Complete inspection reports on vehicles and notify the customer, CN Rail or alert claims department as required
- Write up rail sheets and damage reports
- Park cars for deliveries or pull up vehicles for customer pick up
- Work with vendors on loading issues that affect the flow of vehicles
- Complete inventory daily
- Coordinate with office on the status of non-runner cars including calling mechanic for repairs
- Prepare loads for incoming truck transportation
- Ensure that vehicles are in running condition including an emergency brake check.
- Alert office of rail offloads and ensure paperwork is accurate
- Correctly paper all vehicles and park appropriately
- Pick up vehicles from vendors
- Provide office reception work as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Adhere to established policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Ability to reflect a professional company image
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Proven customer service skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic computer skills for tracking inventory
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Health and Safety awareness
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.