New Job Supervisor, Underground Services In Alberta
|Supervisor, Underground Services|
Supervisor, Underground Services
Company : Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1951
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 80 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Environmental Services, Underground Services
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Salary Range: Competitive Salary
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 14/05/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
The Supervisor, Underground Services is responsible for providing guidance and support in all areas of underground services including water distribution and wastewater collection. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
Employee Development: Performs supervisory tasks for assigned team members. Works with team to plan and balance workload. Ensures that the team is managed fairly and consistently and that work processes are followed and coordinated to guarantee service levels. Mentors, coaches, and provides support to staff. Assists in recruitment and training of staff.
Research and Implementation: Participates in the continuous research, development, improvement, and implementation of effective departmental strategies, tools, and guidelines based on the Municipality’s best practices. Analyzes the effectiveness of departmental programs and makes suggestions for further improvement. Provides input on department business plans, initiatives, and budget to ensure continuous achievement of department goals.
Departmental Guidance: Identifies and recommends changes to communication strategies affecting water distribution and/or wastewater collection. Investigates and responds to customer complaints and concerns. Identifies, recommends, and implements measures for improving long range operating programs. Maintains communication with external agencies and departments of the Provincial government involved in water distribution, wastewater collection and metering.
Candidates need to show evidence of the following:
- Ability to empower people, strong organizational skills, and use of innovative approaches in situations involving rapid change, shifting priorities, and/or simultaneous demands.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to assess situations from a business perspective.
- Strong team player with a collaborative style and project management and facilitation skills.
- Proven customer focus with demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with internal customers, external providers, and industry contacts.
- Thorough understanding of all legislation, standards, and best practices pertaining to water distribution.
- Proficient in various software applications.
- Sound, practical judgment using independent decision making.
- Knowledge of all equipment used in water distribution, wastewater collection, and metering.
An Engineering Diploma is required. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Certified Engineering Technologist (registered with ASET) or education specific to water distribution/wastewater collection and metering totaling a minimum of 180 continued education units (CEU’s) are preferred.
- Level II Water or Wastewater treatment/distribution/collection Certification is preferred.
Seven (7) years of experience in a municipal underground services environment with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience working in a public sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
- A valid Class five (5) Operator’s Licence is required as incumbent may be required to operate a personal or municipal vehicle for business use.
- Must be willing to work outside in all conditions.
- Immunizations are strongly recommended for work in unsanitary conditions.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible and accountable for knowing and working in accordance with the Health and Safety Directive. As per Section 2 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the incumbent shall ensure, while in the employ of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the health and safety of employees, contractors and the public.
This position is employed in a supervisory capacity. As such, the employee is required to obtain additional safety training in accordance with municipal procedures and directives.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.