New Job Student Financial Services Records Assistant In Ontario
|Student Financial Services Records Assistant|
Student Financial Services Records Assistant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $28.56–$33.11 an hour
Location : Ontario
(As a unionized employer, Centennial College gives preference to internal candidates as defined in the collective agreement. External candidates will be considered only if there are no qualified internal candidates)
Centennial College recognizes and affirms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Indigenous ways of knowing as central to the vibrancy and uniqueness of its learning and working academic mission. We strongly encourage applications from members of Indigenous communities and all equity-deserving groups including Women, Racialized, Persons with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
Reporting to the Student Financial Services Manager, the Student Financial Services Records Assistant responsibilities are to support and to provide for the success of students through the provision of providing financial advisory, consultation and accesses to financial services that facilitate the achievement of student’s academic goals, through the departmental coordination of resources and services.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability for administering the entire range of financial programs and services provided by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) and the College bursary programs within specific policies and procedures leading to audit.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service while working within the strictest confines of confidentiality to secure student’s, spouses and parents personal, private information with respect to Ontario Student Assistance Program and College policies and government Freedom of Information regulations.
- Expertise in data entry to MCU One-key, Bursary Recording System and College Banner and Banner Student Aid to adjust student OSAP and Centennial College bursary records
- Provide quality service through Centennial Access Student Services (CASS) portal and telephone advising in tandem with SFS General Clerk to provide service to students in accordance with regulated OSAP and College eligibility, needs and expectations
- Provides back up to the SFS General Assistance functions
- Provides quality in-person front line advising, disbursements and general service to students in accordance with their eligibility needs and expectation as a backup to Student Financial Services Officer due to illness, vacation, etc.
- Receiving and analyzing for error a variety of OSAP student transactions
- Functionally literate utilizing Ontario Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators List-serve, Ministry of Colleges and Universities Institutional Website, Ministry of Colleges and Universities policy and procedures and College Banner, myCentennial, Intranet, internet, to all data access, entry, retrieval, update, review as required
- Supports and assists SFS Records function as required in the data processing of MCU online work queues; supports clearing of the OSAP action box; records release to students and assists with the accurate collation/distribution of MTCU documents; refund requests from student withdrawals; annual Cost Code and T4A activity and other special projects involving SFS computerized record keeping.
- Provides support to MTCU OSAP and OSAP Bursary Inspections as required
- Required to fill in at any SFS location for illness, vacation, and any other service requirement at any time as necessary.
- Respectful and sensitive to diverse cultural, ethnic, economic and sexual orientation differences.
- Two (2) year diploma preferably in Data Control, Business, or Data Management, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in similar fields
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in fast paced computerized office environment requiring knowledge of Ontario Student Assistance Program programs assessment, appeal circumstances and advising.
- Ability to administer a number of projects simultaneously, setting priorities, development of plans of action and service delivery in a student focussed, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of varied financial need assessment calculations and the ability to comprehend complex manuals on policies and procedures to determine eligibilities, extenuating and special circumstances and calculating a variety of financial need assessment models.
- Must be proficient in MCU ONE-Key and AIS/Banner; working knowledge of computer programs such as word, Access, Power Point, Excel, etc.
- Working knowledge of PC software and integrated database and web based systems
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Access, Power Point, Excel, etc.
- Proven ability to maintain the strictest confidence regarding student data (in accordance with college policies and procedures and with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act), and commitment to protecting the security of information systems access codes
- Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate respectfully with a multi-cultural customer base and in dealing effectively with conflict
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by April 20, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J0423-0739. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).