New Job Southeast Wellness Lodge Manager In Manitoba
|Southeast Wellness Lodge Manager|
Southeast Wellness Lodge Manager
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Established in 2021, Shawano Management (registered tradename for 10083438 MANITOBA LTD) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shawano Wapunong Investments Corp. (SWIC). Shawano Management oversees the day-to-day management of Southeast Wellness Lodge (a facility with 73 guest rooms and along with restaurant/catering services located at 225 Masters Avenue, West St. Paul.
We are looking to hire a full time Manager to join our organization whose primary duty is to provide our guests with a superior experience and manage all the components required to make that happen. The successful candidate will bring their operational, people management, and customer service expertise to the project to support the development of a dynamic high functioning team.
What is expected of me in this role?
This role combines Operations, Account Management, Guest Services, and Quality Inspection all in one! The candidate will be responsible for knowing the ins and outs of the medical receiving center and manage all day-to-day operations including overseeing personnel, ensuring that the facilities are properly maintained, taking steps to ensure customer satisfaction, and overseeing the upkeep of administrative and financial records. The candidate will define the commercial and management strategy of the establishment in line with profit targets, the quality charter and hygiene, and safety norms.
We strive to provide the highest level of hospitality while maintaining accommodations for our guests within an Indigenous cultural context. Therefore, our ideal candidate must believe that the guest always comes first and will act to solve potential problems. The candidate must have strong leadership skills and will take initiative to improve processes and prevent future issues. A warm and welcoming demeanor, as well as superb written and communication skills, are a must.
- Reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Manage inbound and outbound correspondence and requests with guests and referral sources.
- Ensure maximum client and guest satisfaction by providing over-all high-quality hospitality service
- Work with the leadership team to develop and implement new guest experiences and opportunities to enhance brand image and increase sales.
- Performs duties of a Sales and Marketing manager including making marketing calls; attending community business functions;
- Assist in preparing annual budget, sales and revenue forecasts.
- Planning, organizing, and managing the daily operations of the hospitality staff to ensure efficiency.
- Supervising staff members and communicating the importance of customer satisfaction.
- Checking the quantity and quality of supplies and equipment on a daily basis, such as guest amenities.
- Responsible for developing the strategy and leading the execution of strategic marketing initiatives.
- Managing administrative and logistical aspects of the medical receiving center.
- Coordinating multiple schedules and details with various contacts internally and externally, anticipating possible issues and resolving them proactively
- Maintaining a high standard of customer service according to company operating procedures.
- Attending to any complaints logged by guests in a professional and timely manner.
- Performing monthly evaluations of staff members according to performance and participation.
- Preparing the monthly budget of the hospitality division and creating expenditure reports for senior management review.
- Working with the human resources department to recruit and train new personnel.
- Determining the future goals of the by studying market trends and working with the marketing team.
- Develops and manages changing priorities and timetables in response to changing human and financial resources and conditions
- Complete periodic reports as required by the board of directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the hospitality industry.
- Exceptional knowledge of standard hospitality practices and procedures.
- History of establishing effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Has a strong knowledge and awareness of Indigenous history and culture.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Indigenous people.
- Ability to effectively communicate and liaise with Indigenous communities and organizations
- Excellent managerial skills and the ability to lead, motivate, and communicate with staff members.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid knowledge of customer service and the ability to resolve conflict in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to keep the business focused on priorities.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines.
- Strong budget planning and reporting experience.
- Knowledge of project and hospitality management software will be preferred.
- Exceptional time management and crisis management skills.
- Excellent ability to build relationships with a variety of personality types.
- Proficient use of various office-based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point), online video-conferencing platforms (Zoom, Microsoft team).
- Proven ability to analyze revenue reports including forecasting and scheduling.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule to accommodate the medical receiving center’s events and activities.
- Ability to investigate defined issues, solicit input, and suggest remedies and alternative approaches that meet the needs of the situation.
Condition of Employment
- Proof of Vaccination.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Criminal Record Check (includes Vulnerable Persons Check)
- Child Abuse Registry Check
- Adult Abuse Registry Check
What We Offer
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care effective hire date.
Be a part of something bigger. Enjoy life every day. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a family that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity and fun, your perfect opportunity. At Shawano Management, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our purpose, to care for people so they can be their best.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, preference will be given to SERDC Band Members or First Nations applicants who self-declare. We thank all applicants for their interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.