New Job Sous Chef, Maligne Lake In Alberta
|Sous Chef, Maligne Lake
Sous Chef, Maligne Lake
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $22–$24 an hour
Location : Alberta
#IND2EEO Information: Pursuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Pursuit values diverse backgrounds and experience and we welcome all who are eligible to work in Canada to apply! We thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
The wage range for this position is $22-$24/hr.
This role is eligible for a $1/hr retention bonus for every regular hour worked.What will be your daily pursuit?:
To support, coach and inspire the line cook and kitchen operations supporting staff in the delivery of an exceptional hospitality culinary experience, fueling our guests and staff for adventure!What perks can you expect?:
- Private room with an ensuite bathroom is included when residing at Maligne Lake. This is a taxable benefit.
- Dinner is provided 7 nights a week complimentary, as well as lunch on each shift
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe
- Full-time work of 35+ hours weekly across the summer season
- Shared kitchen and common room with TV, games, fire pit and free laundry!
- Discounted food and beverage options are also available when visiting other Pursuit properties!
- Free access to Pursuit attractions for staff and family or send a friend at half the price!
- Discounted hotel stays under Pursuit’s lodging offerings, and retail experiences
- Complimentary canoes and kayaks available daily, and can be booked for overnight trips (Only available at Maligne Lake, and subject to availability)
- Seasonal work experience in iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring locations
- Fast-paced and active position – get your step counter ready!
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Opportunities for career growth or future work at other Pursuit locations
- Access to one of the world’s most beautiful and iconic National Parks
A Sous Chef is a lead supervisor of all food preparation while coordinating the work of Cooks and Dishwashers. Responsibilities include;
- Ensure consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte, buffet and ‘grab and go’ menus according to the recipes and standards
- Supervises, expedites, and participates in food preparation, in accordance with standards of quality, quantity, taste and presentation
- Assists with the training and cross-training of kitchen personnel
- Have full knowledge of all menu items
- Checks food for taste, temperature, and visual appeal
- Ensures the satisfaction of guest requests for special food items
- A promoter of teamwork inter-departmentally to ensure on-going positive relations within the kitchen, front of house operations, along with other departments
- Ensuring staff are adhering to workplace safety procedures, continually keeping safety top of mind
- Assisting with ordering products, checking orders received for quantity and quality of product
- Assist with staff development and training
- 3 years’ experience in a culinary field
- Previous experience in a leadership as asset, but not required
- Comfortable delivering a la carte, banquet, and buffet service
- Proven success in the ability to implement and maintain standards
- Strong background in banquets, high volume cafeterias or high production kitchen
- Creative and innovative personality
- Comfortable working on your feet for extended periods of time in both an indoor and outdoor environment.
- Be prepared for all weather conditions (Snow, Rain, Wind, Hail)
- Must meet the Organization grooming and appearance standards
- Experience living and working in a remote camp setting or busy ski resort an asset, but not required
- To honor our commitment to be “Always Honest” all employees must consent to a criminal record check
This fun summer job runs from May 8 until October 13, 2023!
- Beautiful. You’ll work in iconic, unforgettable and inspiring locations. You’ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. You’ll participate in team events – and fun!
- Independent. You’ll spend your days in and around National Parks
- Remote. Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog. Connect with friends around a bonfire instead of through WiFi
- Busy. You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Pursuit will make any reasonable accommodation to help a person with disabilities perform their job. This job is based in Alberta, Canada. Relocation to the area and the legal ability to work in Canada is required.