New Job Social Worker - Adoption In Yukon
|Social Worker - Adoption|
Social Worker - Adoption
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $85,241–$98,915 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is to fill a Permanent Full-time position working 75 hours bi-weekly.
This competition may also be used to fill anticipatory permanent and term Social Worker vacancies within the Family Services unit.
Are you interested in being part of an established, collaborative team of professionals that build families through adoption? Do you have experience in the area of child welfare, adoption and children in care? We are seeking an effective communicator, with strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills for the adoption program, which is part of a multifaceted child welfare unit within the Branch of Family and Children’s Services.
The Adoption Social Worker reports to the Adoption Coordinator and carries a diverse caseload that ensures that they effectively meet the needs of both child and adoptive family, through meeting with clients in their home, providing counselling, completing assessments and reports, conducting research and finding suitable adoptive families and children.
For more information about this position, please contact Cleo Smith Adoption Coordinator at (867) 667-5071 or [email protected].
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact: Susan Bryant, Human Resources Consultant at 867-332-4271 or [email protected].
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note; selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Bachelor of Social Work;
- Experience in child welfare, including working with children in care that demonstrates progressive complexity;
- Experience in conducting family/child assessments and developing plans; and,
- Experience providing counselling services in the area of child protection and family services.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Excellent assessment skills and case management;
- Knowledge of First Nation’s issues and global adoption trends;
- Knowledge of international, domestic and agency adoption practices and trends;
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication, and facilitation skills;
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment and with non-traditional family structures.
Condition of Employment: Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence or Equivalent; Verification of Bachelor of Social Work Degree; Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Check; and Child Welfare Check.
Conditions to be completed within the first six months:
Adoption Pre-service training.
Complete the requirements to be delegated as an Adoptions Social Worker.
Job Requirements: Required to flex work hours outside of the regular hours to accommodate training or meetings with clients on evenings and weekends Occasional travel within and outside of territory may be required several times throughout year.