New Job Sign Professional In Newfoundland And Labrador
Company : Leaman Signs
Salary : From $19 an hour
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Leaman Signs is seeking multiple full-time Sign Professionals to join our growing team. We’re a group of passionate sign makers who pride ourselves on producing top-quality work. We are looking for mature, career-oriented team members, who are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and reliable.
The sign industry is very creative with each day bringing a new set of challenges. One day you could be installing an exterior sign package for a national restaurant brand on Kenmount Road, the next day installing letters in a law office downtown, and the next applying solar window film in a private residence. If you are interested in a wide variety of work that puts your skills to the test this career could be for you!
The Leaman ABC’s:
Aptitude & Attitude – you are not required to know how to perform every aspect of the job on day one, but you are required to have a positive attitude towards learning and being a part of the team.
Better your Best – each day, whether in your personal or professional life, you are the type of person that wants to improve and always do better.
Clear Communication – you are an effective communicator both verbally and written, calm and collected even under pressure, and can work well with others to get the job done.
Please take some time to look around our website, Instagram, and Facebook pages to get an idea of the type of work we do: www.leamansigns.ca
You will have the responsibility of being part of the team and being led by the Lead Installer and Foreman to install signage on behalf of Leaman Signs. Making sure they are correctly placed, fastened, and wired as per drawings and meet all client requirements. These professionals are in charge of placing, installing, servicing, and removing all necessary signs that our company builds. Working from ladders, scaffolding, bucket truck, crane truck, scissor lift, or zoom boom among other equipment is a part of your daily activities.
The successful candidates will be proficient in hand and power tools.
- Adherence to all safety requirements (COR, pre-job hazard forms, vehicle checks, etc.)
- A positive attitude, think on your feet, ability, and willingness to learn and take direction, and excellent communication skills.
- Able and willing to be directed and direct crew on the job site.
- Provide direction and training.
- Interpretation and execution of tasks related to installation of illuminated and non-illuminated signs.
- Repair and maintenance of signage, including components such as electrical wiring, framework, LED retrofits, bulb and ballast repairs.
- Installation of channel letters, pin mount letters, sign boxes, flat panel signs, vinyl graphics, and more.
- Flexibility of hours is a must. A typical work week is Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm. Some days a job will take longer, and you’ll finish later than 4:30pm. Some weekends may be required depending on workload. Some travel around the island over multiple days is required. When traveling out of town a per diem is provided, accommodations are paid for, and you take work vehicles.
- Experience with lift equipment (scissor lifts, boom trucks, cranes, ladders, scaffolding.)
- Experience in the sign industry.
- Willing to invest in additional training as required (paid for by Leaman Signs). Power line hazards, fall protection, aerial work platform, etc.
- Ability to tow a trailer with a van or pickup truck, including hooking/unhooking, loading, and reversing into tight spaces.
- Ability to work as a team or independently as required.
- Positive interpersonal skills to engage clients, office staff, and coworkers.
- Mechanical aptitude/inclination/problem solving skills.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Ability to perform detailed work efficiently.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors year-round in Newfoundland weather.
- Experience operating and using power tools, equipment, reading a tape measure.
- Ability to perform work at heights.
- WHMIS, valid fall arrest ticket, valid zoom boom/aerial work platform ticket, valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation to and from our shop.
Non-negotiable: you must have a valid driver’s license, have a clean driver’s abstract, and be insurable on commercial insurance.
We are on a bi-weekly pay schedule.
At Leaman Signs we are willing to continue to train and support the right candidates meeting all required qualifications. If you have the right attitude and willingness to learn, we can teach you everything you need to know to be successful in this industry.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person