New Job Senior Software Engineer, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub) In British Columbia
|Senior Software Engineer, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)|
Senior Software Engineer, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 176235
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Senior Software Engineer
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer with Scotia Digital Platforms, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the Bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages our IT infrastructure. We are looking to build our Product Engineering teams with influencers, practitioners, and leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers
The API Engineering team builds products and reusable software components and tools that accelerate the development velocity of hundreds of application development teams, provide architecture as code, provide solution design, development, integration, and operational services for enterprise customers. If you are passionate about building advance software components, have a strong technical mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving and high performing team, then this is the place for you! An ideal candidate is a Senior Software Engineer with 3 to 5 years of experience in designing and developing using the advance features of Drupal 8/9 based solutions. Familiar with software development best practices. Interesting to build solutions cloud native.
Is this role right for you?
- Primarily focused on design and development of our Drupal 9 Based Scotia Digital Portal.
- Participating in daily design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices
- Designing technical solutions and strategies for software applications and building detail technical design, deployment & implementation patterns
- Assess and analyze business strategy & requirements, working on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Our team is a high performing, flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide peer reviews, leadership, mentorship and quality control on a daily basis.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a Full Stack PHP Web Developer with explicit Drupal 8+ development experience.
- Extensive Drupal module and library development experience (building custom modules, theming, etc.).
- Proficiencies with react js or equivalent UI frameworks, NodeJS
- Strong understanding of MySQL and experience with database integration and optimization
- Knowledge and working experience of automated testing – unit, integration, and functional testing.
- Knowledgeable about other technologies and able to suggest integration solutions. Capable of speaking about cross-platform integrations with Drupal and other technologies.
- Familiar with Linux shell scripting and basic admin
- Advance level proficiency in designing and building applications using 12-factor Cloud native app or service.
- Proficient in using GIT for source code repository and Maven / Gradle for build.
- Proficient in IDE tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA or VSCode
- Proficient in Cloud-native Containerized Architecture and have years of experience in deploying applications to containerized cloud platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Kubernetes and Istio Service Mesh
- Experience using Jenkins for building CI/CD pipelines and using SonarQube, Fortify, Web Inspect an dBack Duck for Code Quality
- Knowledge of Azure, GCP, Docker, Splunk, Dynatrace is an asset
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole.
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does.
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment.
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones.
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center*
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.