New Job Senior Shovel Technician In Northwest Territories
|Senior Shovel Technician|
Senior Shovel Technician
Company : De Beers Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Northwest Territories
We are looking for a rare gem
You communicate openly and enjoy being part of a fantastic team with an unwavering commitment to safety. Come and join us working at Gahcho Kué, one of the world’s greatest mines.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
When you join De Beers Group you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in in an environment with opportunities for learning and growth as an integral contributor to the success of Gahcho Kué Mine. From technical training to leadership programs and world class safety, we bring out the best in people. At De Beers Group we’re focused on more than just diamonds. We are driven by a desire to make life brilliant for our people, our customers and those living in the communities where we operate. Our business thrives on the creativity, passion, and knowledge of our people.
Rewards & Benefits:
Earn up to a 9% company contribution to your pension plan;
- Relocation support is available to anyone who wishes to move to the Northwest Territories;
- Quarterly operational bonus program;
- Remote Living Allowance;
- Travel Allowance to offset the costs of getting to the nearest point of pick up;
- Immediate participation in our 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefit program (no waiting period); and
- The Gahcho Kué Mine camp features a full service dining room, individual private bedrooms equipped with satellite cable television, telephones and WiFi internet. There’s also a full-sized gymnasium, squash courts and state of the art fitness equipment.
The De Beers Group of Companies has an opportunity for an individual with Komatsu PC5500 Front Load Shovel experience to join the Mobile Maintenance team at the Gahcho Kué Mine. This position is responsible for the preventative maintenance and major repair to the PC5500 shovel, PC2000 Excavator, PC1250 Excavator, WA1200 Loader and other mobile mining equipment. The ideal candidate is one who is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm.
- Working with team to conduct job risk assessments and safe work plans ahead of the work being completed and performing work in a safe well-managed manner;
- Conducting preventative maintenance and servicing of mobile equipment;
- Checking for proper performance and inspecting equipment to detect faults and malfunctions;
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and determining extent of mechanical problems;
- Working with a continuous product improvement mindset;
- Rebuilding components and working with manufacturers when necessary;
- Documenting and returning completed work orders in a timely manner;
- Communicating with Supervisors and co-workers to coordinate work and provide updates;
- Providing input and working collaboratively with Planners and Schedulers to develop work packages; and
- Following policies and standards such as safety, environmental, confidentiality and the code of conduct.
- Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, this is a site-based position with a 14 days in / 14 days out rotation.
Referral incentive applicable: This opportunity is open to a paid referral incentive according to the Employee Referral Policy (HRM.AD.21.00). Referral incentives are applicable to De Beers Group internal employees only.
- Legally permitted to work in Canada;
- Valid interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson’s Heavy Duty Mechanic or Technician Qualification;
- Experience servicing Komatsu and/or other Hydraulic shovel equipment (5-7 years);
- Training and experience with Komatsu Electrical and Hydraulic systems;
- Training and experience with Cummins Engines;
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems; Ability to communicate, share information and seek input to complete assigned work;
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (Komtrax/SAP);
- Experience with the Pit Viper 271;
- Proven commitment to Safety, Health and Environmental Standards; and
- Experience working at a remote mining site and in a cross-cultural work environment.
Who We Are: De Beers Canada
We are the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world who are driven to support thriving local communities, protect the natural environment, and stand with women and girls, focused on Building Forever.
If you like chasing demanding targets, thrive on making decisions in the pursuit of brilliance, and enjoy the support of the world’s finest experts, we have a place for you.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Since safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines have become widely available this year and have been proven to be a very effective and safe way of protecting people and reducing COVID-19 transmission, we have strongly encouraged employees to get vaccinated at the earliest possible opportunity. As our mining operations are fly-in fly-out, vaccination is required to travel to sites.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Closing Date : May 31, 2023