New Job Senior Cloud Engineer, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub) In British Columbia
|Senior Cloud Engineer, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)|
Senior Cloud Engineer, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 166287
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
About the role
Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud. The aim is to provide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic. The platform is used by development teams globally to host hundreds of applications. We are looking to build our development team with influencer, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward.
The role of the Senior Cloud Engineer operates within the Cloud Database Engineering team. This valuable member of the team will be responsible for creating platform components and services for the broad enterprise use.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Key accountabilities include development, management, and maintenance of cloud platforms, services, and components to enable safe enterprise-wide use of common cloud functionality.
- Level 3 support responsibilities are required.
- Technical ownership/leadership of enterprise cloud product(s) or a complex part of a larger product including the design, software, and processes necessary for ongoing operations.
- Designing, implementing, and refactoring code.
- Participating in design discussions focused on scalability, design, and implementation best practices.
- Ensuring software, programs, and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity, and reliability requirements.
- Working with other lead engineers and architects on designing solutions and breaking-down, scoping, and estimating tasks.
- Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
- Be able to build and operate the highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
- Mentorship of junior cloud engineers.
- Our teams are flexible and fast requiring daily peer review and quality control.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
5+ years’ relevant work experience
- Enthusiasm for cloud transformation and cloud platform/components/services development.
- Full understanding of software development life cycle as well as related technologies.
- Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD) is required.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure and/or networking is required.
- Expertise in relational databases.
- Experience in NoSQL databases is a benefit.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud infrastructure is a strong benefit.
- In-depth knowledge of software architecture, design patterns, and security considerations.
- Development experience and breadth of language and framework experience is a benefit.
- Proven experience in cloud development (Microsoft Azure, Google GCP) is a benefit.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken; of specific importance is strong communication to a technical audience.
- Attention to details, high standards for quality.
- Writing and maintaining related documentation.
- Experience within Canadian financial institutions a benefit.
What’s in it for you?
We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.